'Can cannabis oil treat my weakening limbs?' A reader suffering from a degenerative muscle disease consults our expert for possible treatments
I was recently diagnosed with a condition my neurologist described as ‘localised motor neurone disease’.
This started as foot drop and now affects my left leg, as well as causing weakness and poor grip in my hands. Will it stay localised?
I’ve been prescribed riluzole and gabapentin, but I have also heard that cannabis oil may be of some benefit.
Naeem Khalid, by email.
This diagnosis must have come as a shock, and you have my sympathy.
Motor neurone disease involves progressive damage to the nerves that control muscles, leading to weakness and muscle wasting.
It only affects the muscles... read more
- 14:12 Boozed-up reveller attacked doorman after being turned away from pub
- 14:12 Yorkshire weather: Temperatures could rival Tenerife as spring...
- 14:11 Yorkshire weather: Temperatures could rival Tenerife as spring...
- 14:11 Kirkby man accused of murdering Paul Groom to stand trial this summer
- 14:11 Pictures show the scale of damage caused to a barber shop after an...
- 14:11 EIB asks French diesel inquiry to probe Renault's use of loans
- 14:11 Planning applications: Plans for alterations to the Dusty Miller
- 14:10 Shamed police inspector found with £700k of drugs 'a disgrace to...
- 14:10 Nominate a first aid hero
- 14:10 More ‘smart motorway’ work to begin next week
- 14:10 Watch Miss Leicestershire contestants put through their paces
- 14:09 Brexit 'could damage UK's ability to fight corruption'
- 14:09 Signaller on TV railway series – and Grantham’s bridge strikes get...
- 14:08 BREAKING: Police investigate death of baby
- 14:08 Wall St opens higher; healthcare bill vote awaited
- 14:07 Chelsea News: Nemanja Matic the reason for Premier League success –...
- 14:07 Jordan Henderson: I was told on phone a move to Liverpool had been...
- 14:07 Karen completes charity challenge to swim length of English Channel...
- 14:07 Get a FREE Domino's pizza this weekend with this simple trick
- 14:07 CCTV camera near scene of St Ann's knife attack had been removed...
- 14:06 Duo travel back in time to take on a 120-mile canal stroll!
- 14:06 Morecambe singer’s charity to use power of music
- 14:06 Tesco to cut petrol and diesel prices by 2p ahead of Mother’s Day
- 14:06 Falcons’ feathers will boost BAE jets
- 14:05 Grimsby Town boss Bignot on latest links to Lambs favourite
- 14:05 Polesworth man takes on epic journey across country for Herald...
- 14:04 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne
- 14:04 New survey on youth mental health services in Lincolnshire
- 14:04 New team to prevent employee shortages
- 14:04 Apprentices dig in to help Northumberland schools