Campaigners urge bosses to do more for staff with dementia and treat them 'humanely'
PEOPLE with dementia are being forced out of their jobs by employers who fail to offer proper support.
The warning comes after surveys found one in five people with the condition continue to work after a diagnosis.
Some under-65s are too afraid to tell employers. Others struggle on without support or knowing what their symptoms mean.
Dementia support groups warn the number could double within 15 years.
Charities and unions are highlighting the growing workplace problem at a conference in Glasgow.
And a new guidebook is being published by Age Scotland at the same time to encourage bosses to... read more
- 17:50 Stratford AC retain Warwick Vase for third year in succession
- 17:49 United Utilities to close West Cumbrian road
- 17:49 McDonald’s votes to keep using plastic straws
- 17:47 Cinema to show Charlie Chaplin film accompanied by 'authentic' live...
- 17:46 Date set for funeral of legendary Sheffield boxing trainer Brendan...
- 17:46 FIRST PICTURE of 15-year-old Sheffield boy stabbed to death
- 17:45 Chess: Nigel Short balancing playing with campaign for Fide presidency
- 17:44 FIRST PICTURE of 15-year-old Sheffield boy stabbed to death
- 17:44 Majority of EU27 favour 'simple' approach on Britons’ residency
- 17:44 Parts of Bridlington to be closed to traffic next week
- 17:41 Are these sunglasses the worst thing you have ever seen?
- 17:40 Heavy rain brings delays to North East roads as Bank Holiday...
- 17:39 Drink driver handed community order after Flookburgh caution
- 17:38 'Wolf-like' creature shot on Montana ranch puzzles experts
- 17:37 Heavy rain brings delays to North East roads as Bank Holiday...
- 17:37 Chelsea transfer news: Hazard deal demands, Morata for Icardi plan,...
- 17:36 Call of Duty Kansas 'swatting' death: Two more charged
- 17:36 Dota 2: UK major tournament to 'inspire' fans
- 17:33 Chef tries to shoot nemesis rat but armed police turn up to save it
- 17:31 ‘Thank you for saving my life’ - pair reunited 55 years on
- 17:31 Treasured Rolex stolen off Northampton man's wrist by two women who...
- 17:31 Date set for funeral of legendary Sheffield boxing trainer Brendan...
- 17:30 Andy Flower will have wide-ranging roles as he stands in for Andrew...
- 17:30 Heavy rain brings delays to North East roads as Bank Holiday...
- 17:28 VIDEO AND PICTURES: Devastation left behind by travellers at...
- 17:28 Tragic tale of nursing mother's snakebite shocks India
- 17:28 Now or Never campaign launches 2 Minute Litter Pick boards in...
- 17:26 BREAKING NEWS: Person hit by train at Doncaster railway station
- 17:26 Champions League final: Jurgen Klopp on Mohamed Salah, Cristiano...
- 17:26 Motorists face severe delays in Leeds city centre as police deal...