Campaigners demand urgent action to cut number of people killed on roads
Safety campaigners have urged the Government to take more action to cut road deaths after new figures showed there has been no significant reduction in the traffic accident fatalities since 2011.
A total of 1,730 people were killed on Britain's roads in 2015, according to the Department for Transport (DfT).
Although this represents a decrease of 45 fatalities from the previous year, the DfT said this change was probably due to "natural variation".
The report stated: " There has been no clear trend in the number of fatalities since around 2011."
Steve Gooding, director of... read more
- 09:48 Son of Mackworth man Geoff Seggie due in court today charged with...
- 09:48 Government to respond in Brexit Supreme Court case
- 09:47 Marks confident Town can recover
- 09:47 Boss Page praises ‘unbelievable’ attitude of Cobblers players ahead...
- 09:46 Convenience of a new bar at Sheffield Town Hall site
- 09:46 Crashes cause delays on South Yorkshire motorway
- 09:46 Olympic athlete and Sheffield charity celebrate young people’s...
- 09:46 The rise of a former Victorian bakery: A dozen flats for sale on...
- 09:46 Tom Hughes not concerned by Scunthorpe RUFC's losing streak
- 09:45 Heartbreaking picture of boy, 7, attacked by bullies as he posted...
- 09:45 Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina: Undercard, start time, TV details and...
- 09:44 Ohio passes bill making abortion illegal as soon as heartbeat is heard
- 09:44 British holiday jet diverted after bomb squad finds suspicious...
- 09:42 Crews tackle fire at commercial building in Bispham
- 09:42 Midwife units see one in four mums transferred by ambulance to...
- 09:42 Sign up now for Colour Dash 2017
- 09:41 Beef scheme tagging kits on their way after delays
- 09:41 One lane closed on Southbound M61 due to accident
- 09:41 43 footballers facing a probe over 'tax dodge': Players set to be...
- 09:41 Sunderland defender Paddy McNair gives a thumbs up from his...
- 09:41 Trump picks climate sceptic Pruitt environment chief
- 09:41 50mph average speed cameras removed from the A180 - video
- 09:40 Four-vehicle crash causes A38 traffic chaos
- 09:39 LIVE: Four vehicles involved in collision on A38 at Clay Mills
- 09:38 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks, euro push higher as ECB stimulus plan looms
- 09:38 Japan's Abe may not be first sitting PM to visit Pearl Harbor -...
- 09:37 Cutting the ribbon at helpline’s new home
- 09:36 Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool updates as West...
- 09:35 Sports Direct blames Brexit pound collapse as profits fall by a...
- 09:35 Delays on Flensburg Way after reports of an accident