Calls for better lung cancer care in Scotland
Calls have been made for “drastic improvements” to lung cancer care as five-year survival rates for Scottish lung cancer patients lag behind the rest of Europe.
Lung cancer is the biggest cancer killer in Scotland and long term survival rates are poor as only one in 10 patients are still alive five years after diagnosis.
A poll by the UK Lung Cancer Coalition (UKLCC) found that two thirds of lung specialists believed that early diagnosis was the most important factor for improving five-year survival rates.
But a separate survey of 100 lung cancer patients or their carers found that 36 per... read more
- 20:09 Two toddlers forced to live in faeces-smeared bedroom and could...
- 20:08 S&P 500 cuts losses as healthcare bill pulled
- 20:08 Virginia court rules for Trump in travel ban dispute, order still...
- 20:08 U.S.-led coalition helps train Raqqa police - Syrian Kurdish officials
- 20:08 More authority to act in Somalia would be 'very helpful' - U.S....
- 20:06 Obamacare reform bill PULLED moments before vote as Republicans...
- 20:05 Manchester United lead the race to sign Ajax prodigy Daishawn Redan
- 20:03 Comic Relief 2017: Gary Barlow SHOCKED as James Corden makes jibe...
- 20:01 Hermes parcels sorted in makeshift Northampton car park depot
- 20:01 ‘Hero’ MP Tobias Ellwood appointed to Privy Council
- 20:01 Asos, Accessorise and New Look: The best romantic dresses
- 20:00 Hundreds of motorcyclists form guard of honour for funeral of young...
- 19:59 Birmingham City nostalgia: The Aliou Cisse story
- 19:59 See inside Birmingham's stylish new city centre restaurant
- 19:59 Aston Villa's Neil Taylor happy to be at a club 'everyone envies'
- 19:59 S&P 500 cuts losses as healthcare bill pulled
- 19:58 Sun to shine on Nottingham this weekend as temperatures hot up
- 19:58 Table top sale in Louth in aid of World Challenge
- 19:58 Win a pair of Stoke City season tickets for the Potters' 2017/18...
- 19:56 Sergi Roberto backs Barcelona to appoint Juan Carlos Unzue as manager
- 19:56 Goal machine speaks out about Man United: Forward is leaving...
- 19:53 Manchester City anti-doping breaches revealed: Club broke rules...
- 19:52 Speculators boost U.S. dollar bets for third straight week - CFTC,...
- 19:52 Vile sex beast who broke into South Yorkshire mum's home and raped...
- 19:51 Jordan Henderson says signing for Liverpool FC was a "surreal" moment
- 19:51 Donald Trump's US healthcare bill vote withdrawn
- 19:48 Robbie Savage: This Chelsea player has been a revelation this season
- 19:48 Snapped: Can you guess who attended England's training session...
- 19:47 Food startup Eatsa sued for not making kiosks accessible to blind
- 19:47 Uber tells U.S. court customers must arbitrate disputes