Call to reconsider Leeds care home cuts
0 Have your say Campaigners are continuing their fight to keep a care home open - despite a controversial decision being made to close it last week.
Siegen Manor, in Morley, is one of three facilities - including The Green in Seacroft and Middlecross care home in Armley - which Leeds City Council’s Executive Board executive approved proposals to close.
But now councillors in Morley have asked for the decision last Wednesday to be “called in”, and reconsidered by the council’s health and scrutiny committee.
Coun Judith Elliott (Morley South, Morley Borough Independents), said: “We have made... read more
- 11:46 RUMOUR MILL: Allardyce or McInnes to take over at West Brom, while...
- 11:46 WEATHER WARNING: Strong winds set to batter our region
- 11:45 WEATHER WARNING: Strong winds set to batter our region
- 11:45 Best supplements for arthritis: These FOUR could be a natural CURE...
- 11:45 BREAKING: Wakefield Council scraps parking-charge plans across the...
- 11:45 England braced to be battered by 70mph winds as Met Office issues...
- 11:44 Primark is selling these cute Disney Christmas baby grows - and...
- 11:44 'This is why you don't see police around as much': 'Furious' police...
- 11:44 Something for everyone at Clitheroe Fairtrade market
- 11:44 This is how the National Lottery is set to change in 2018
- 11:42 Weather warning issued for Lancaster district
- 11:42 Motorcyclist injured in 'serious' crash near Beacon Hill Country...
- 11:41 Drug addict jailed after aggravated burglary at Mablethorpe shop
- 11:41 Holbeach are footy champs
- 11:40 Camelot plans changes to Lotto next year after drop in sales
- 11:40 Labour MPs angry after Pro-EU voters 'betrayed' by front bench
- 11:39 VIDEO: 100 firearms handed in during Derbyshire surrender
- 11:39 Who actually cares about the Budget? Eight reasons why the people...
- 11:39 Want to have a very merry Christmas? Here's what you need to do
- 11:39 National Lottery set for HUGE changes in 2018 - how it affects you
- 11:38 Boots hasn’t lowered the cost of the morning after pill, but is now...
- 11:38 St Annes' Easterleigh Animal Sanctuary still going strong
- 11:38 Dancers attempt to break world record in support of Children in Need
- 11:37 Three held in Gaia Pope investigation reveal why they were arrested
- 11:36 Dementia patients prescribed unnecessary drugs to keep them calm
- 11:36 What is happening in Zimbabwe? Timeline of how the coup unfolded
- 11:36 Louth Golf Club: Brackenbury wins Past Captains Trophy
- 11:36 Ed Sheeran and Stormzy nominated for scaled-back BBC Music Awards
- 11:35 Why you should already have put your Christmas decorations up at home
- 11:35 Pep Guardiola names four Man City stars that will play against...