California proposes giving more freedom to test self-driving cars
California will allow companies more leeway in testing self-driving cars on public roads while restricting how the nascent technology is advertised under revised draft regulations released on Friday.
In one of the biggest changes, the new regulations would allow for the absence of a driver in some instances, provided there is two-way communication with the vehicle.
The original draft regulations by the Department of Motor Vehicles were criticized by some tech companies, such as Alphabet Inc's Google, and carmakers as being overly restrictive and stifling innovation. Moreover, disabled... read more
- 15:41 Manchester United’s Romelu Lukaku has advantage over Chelsea...
- 15:39 Millers Bar shows why it keeps winning popularity awards
- 15:39 GlaxoSmithKline to sell UK Horlicks business - 320 jobs to be lost
- 15:38 Mercedes gearbox failures due to 'overstepping the mark' according...
- 15:38 Boy who died of brain tumour remembered by classmates with poignant...
- 15:38 Suspected leader of people smuggling gang extradited after arrest...
- 15:38 The latest education news and events in Hull and East Yorkshire for...
- 15:37 The 20 best action movies out now on Netflix
- 15:36 'Talented' Ruben Lameiras hailed by Plymouth Argyle manager after...
- 15:36 ‘F*****g tourists, go home!’ Explicit plane banner targets...
- 15:35 The Open 2017: Dustin Johnson admits Masters injury 'sucked' but...
- 15:35 Watch deaf Scottish footballer net top corner screamer against...
- 15:34 Woman, 26, claims she’s got the world’s oldest balloon
- 15:32 Mental health wards in Cumbria not up to standard
- 15:32 Man robbed at knife-point near Cumbrian church
- 15:32 Two sought after attempted building society fraud in Carlisle
- 15:32 Carr's Group trading 'as expected'
- 15:32 Anger as parents must pay £390 to send children to school 20 miles...
- 15:32 One day left to nominate your inspirational and amazing lady
- 15:32 Picnic to say farewell to popular Whitehaven headteacher
- 15:32 Lakes trains to run on 'alternative power'
- 15:32 Tribute paid to motorcyclist killed in crash on way home from...
- 15:31 Barrow pupils enjoy end-of-school celebration
- 15:32 Trucker who died on main Cumbrian road named by police
- 15:31 Mental health wards in Cumbria not up to standard
- 15:32 Up to £50m funding boost for West Cumberland Hospital
- 15:31 Lakes trains to run on 'alternative power'
- 15:32 Man who survived 260ft plunge down Thailand waterfall back home in...
- 15:31 Barrow reveller tried to stop arrest
- 15:32 Lake District Wildlife Park boosts butterfly numbers with mass release