Calais migrant dies in car crash after gang ambushes British driver in bid to reach UK
The Eritrean migrant was part of a gang who had spent Sunday evening installing makeshift barriers on the A16 in an effort to block traffic and force UK-bound cars and lorries to hit the brakes.
The British car driver said he was ambushed by a mob of Jungle migrants – including an Eritrean couple at about 8.30pm yesterday.
The driver of the UK-bound car told local Calais officials he was “forced” to slow down as he neared the barrier, at which point he was “attacked” by the group of Calais migrants, who tried to jump inside his vehicle.
He is said to have knocked down the Eritrean man and... read more
- 14:06 How to lower blood pressure: Cutting SALT from your diet could be...
- 14:05 Surprise! This Owl’s long legs could rival any supermodel
- 14:05 N’Golo Kante on shortlist with Antoine Griezmann for best overseas...
- 14:05 Search called off for man missing in River Lune
- 14:05 Airbus £4.6bn China deal helps secure position as global leader
- 14:04 These supercars drove to Nottingham with some very special passengers
- 14:04 Man United prepared to meet mega release clause: This summer...
- 14:04 CCTV APPEAL: Theft from St Annes shop
- 14:03 M&S food store plans
- 14:03 Blaze at cancer research unit
- 14:03 Dedicated scout Ossie earns highest honour
- 14:03 Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny is an injury worry for north...
- 14:03 Operatic Society's producer retires
- 14:03 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic shrugs off HMRC raid as he has more...
- 14:03 Euro markets jump on optimistic notes from ECB
- 14:03 Charity ordered to keep better records
- 14:03 Arsenal legend Thierry Henry gives damning verdict on the position...
- 14:03 Suspected U.S. drone strike targets Pakistani Taliban militants -...
- 14:03 Appeal for information after crash between pedestrian and unknown...
- 14:03 School fight 'Trump' row
- 14:03 Liz is lining up against the best
- 14:02 Economy’s ‘resilience’ gives housebuilders a boost
- 14:02 OPEC output cuts whet Asia's appetite for North Sea oil
- 14:01 Search called off for man missing in River Lune
- 14:00 Liz is lining up against the best
- 14:00 Barcelona to report Malaga president Abdullah Al-Thani after...
- 14:00 Javier Mascherano has never shrunk from anything in seven glorious...
- 14:00 Man hit by rock is ‘improving’
- 14:00 You have just ONE WEEK to spend your old paper £5 notes
- 14:00 Tony Ferguson slams Nate Diaz: He's all on Conor McGregor's d**k!