Calais crisis: Migrant killed in accident with UK driver
An Eritrean migrant died and his wife was injured in an accident involving a British car driver on a motorway near the French port of Calais.
The pair were knocked down on an interchange where dozens of migrants were reportedly trying to climb on to lorries.
Some of the migrants then set upon the British driver, officials say.
France has said it will soon close down a camp at Calais where up to 10,000 migrants are staying.
The migrants and refugees are hoping to cross the English Channel and include at least 900 unaccompanied minors.
Last month a teenaged Afghan boy was killed while trying... read more
- 08:22 Ulverston teen locked up for attacking his mum in front of a child
- 08:20 Tomorrow's cities - nightmare vision of the future?
- 08:20 Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin eyed again for Barcelona transfer
- 08:20 Stratford Masters impress in tough Worcester event
- 08:20 Humberside Police chief constable announces retirement
- 08:20 Green light given to plans for iconic Mytholmroyd store
- 08:19 How my doctors made me doubt my invisible illness
- 08:19 Road sealed off in Oldbury after man injured outside newsagents
- 08:19 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:19 Cash grants of up to £25,000 up for grabs to help tackle mental...
- 08:18 Ross Taylor sends New Zealand records tumbling as unbeaten 102...
- 08:18 Leicester City must forget about title triumph, says Jamie Vardy:...
- 08:18 Fabio Cannavaro admits Tianjin Quanjian approach for Manchester...
- 08:18 Antoine Griezmann wants to 'carry on making history' at Atletico...
- 08:18 Scott Macnab: Indyref2 poses new arguments
- 08:18 Leicestershire weather: Sunny spells developing today. Wet and...
- 08:17 Chelsea facing transfer blow: Star set for Bundesliga move this summer
- 08:17 Uma Thurman ‘Turning down Lord of the Rings was one of the WORST...
- 08:16 Nurse who slept on duty is suspended
- 08:16 Arson investigation after 'toilet set on fire' during Slimming...
- 08:14 Students in Euxton learn about ‘British Values’
- 08:14 Bucket used to throw paint over car in Heysham
- 08:13 Trains and ferries cancelled after 500lb German bomb found in...
- 08:13 Lloyds annual profits soar to £4.24bn
- 08:13 Motorcyclist, 40, killed after colliding with parked van
- 08:12 New police chief inspector outlines ambitions for Grimsby
- 08:12 Surviving South Yorkshire D Day veterans offered free trip to...
- 08:12 Nearly 200 properties hit by power cut in Sheffield
- 08:12 US visitors lead rise in North West tourism figures
- 08:12 Everything you need to know to protect your kids' teeth