Caernarfon war veterans see spectacular poppy display thanks to big-hearted bus driver
War veterans from a dementia care home in Caernarfon got to visit the town’s spectacular poppy display thanks to a big-hearted bus driver.
Linda Jones, of Plas Maesincla, had asked friends on Facebook where she could hire a minibus to take some of the home’s residents to see the Weeping Window display at Caernarfon Castle.
Wyn Williams, of KWS Coaches, was moved by their plight to offer transport for free.
A group of 10, including some who served in the Second World War, visited the castle on Monday, with some moved to tears by the occasion.
Read More 9 breathtaking images showing... read more
- 15:12 'Disgusting' fly-tip in Derby city centre cleared up - and...
- 15:11 Virgil van Dijk is not for sale: Southampton chief hands Chelsea...
- 15:11 First steps being taken to tackle teen travel charges
- 15:11 Armed Forces Day in Berwick
- 15:11 UPDATE 1-Delivery Hero on track to raise 1 bln euros with listing
- 15:09 Lucky escape for M1 driver after metal object comes through windscreen
- 15:09 Why Hillsborough police chief David Duckenfield was charged with 95...
- 15:09 No final Grenfell death toll 'this year'
- 15:09 Delivery Hero on track to raise 1 billion euros with listing
- 15:06 Long Itchington man jailed after sexually assaulting 14-year-old girl
- 15:06 Cash stolen after ram raid at Wellesbourne premises
- 15:06 Warwick man is using extra leave time to cross off ‘bucket list’...
- 15:06 Manchester United's pursuit of Real Madrid star Alvaro Morata...
- 15:05 David James Kingsbury died from single stab to heart, murder jury...
- 15:05 New boutique club Soiree Lounge to open in Birmingham
- 15:05 Festival party time with Rusty and Steve
- 15:04 Primark is releasing a new Disney range that is sending fans WILD
- 15:03 Euro falls as central bank says Mario Draghi's upbeat economy...
- 15:03 David Wilson murder trial: Accused acted like 'petulant child' on...
- 15:03 Sterling surges to three-week high, FTSE falls on Carney rate hike...
- 15:03 Golden day brings school memories flooding back
- 15:03 North Korea calls for execution of ex-South Korea leader over...
- 15:03 Extra security in place for South Shields summer concerts
- 15:02 India's largest container port disrupted by global cyber attack
- 15:01 Thomas Lemar to Arsenal: How Gunners might look with Monaco ace
- 15:01 $esc.html($content.name)
- 15:01 Hillsborough disaster: Timeline of events as David Duckenfield...
- 15:01 Celtic’s 10 punishments in six years from UEFA proves certain...
- 15:00 Korean nuclear firm to be 'long-term partner' in Moorside power...
- 15:00 More roadworks in store, so here's our guide for getting home tonight