Cadbury owner makes £177m profit but avoids UK tax
The American owner of historic Birmingham chocolate firm Cadbury has come under fire again after it emerged it paid no UK corporation tax last year.
Mondelez UK, which took over ownership of the famous brand following the £11.7 billion buyout in 2010 by US food group Kraft, posted sales of £1.73 billion and pre-tax profit of £177 million last year.
The figures are revealed in newly filed accounts and, based on the standard tax rate, Mondelez UK should have paid around £36 million in corporation tax.
It is reported that the company avoided paying corporation tax by using legal accountancy... read more
- 11:57 Drivers caught using mobile phones face harsher penalties - what...
- 11:57 High-flying drone nearly hit passenger plane at East Midlands Airport
- 11:55 Oops! Man drives into police van while drunk
- 11:55 £700,000 is what you'll need for a des res in Lincolnshire's most...
- 11:55 Dani Alves wants Man City move - and other transfer talk
- 11:55 Carlo Ancelotti: I hate agreeing with Man United boss Jose Mourinho...
- 11:55 Arsenal star posts worrying injury update on Instragam account: It...
- 11:53 Paul Scholes: This Man United player has disappointed me
- 11:53 Williams F1 2017 launch: Stunning new snaps of FW40 car
- 11:52 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 11:52 Be warned: new phone scam on its way here
- 11:52 Blind boy, 9, with cerebral palsy dies from starvation weighing...
- 11:50 Elderly woman injured in accident
- 11:49 Starbucks Frappuccino bath bombs are now a thing
- 11:49 West Brom vs Bournemouth: How can you follow it, team news, odds,...
- 11:49 Erdington roof siege: Wanted man held riot police at bay from top...
- 11:49 Andy Carroll picks unlikely name in his dream five-a-side team
- 11:49 Southampton boss Claude Puel: My players can stop this Man United star
- 11:48 Look inside eerie abandoned Anglesey WWII soldiers' home
- 11:45 Chelsea star sends message to Antonio Conte: I have proven myself -...
- 11:45 Arsenal tell fans Alexis Sanchez is leaving the club this summer
- 11:45 UPDATE: Woman dies after flat fire
- 11:45 Warwick man jailed for burglary
- 11:44 How Lincolnshire bomber crews made sure SS-GB is pure fiction
- 11:44 Cabbage perform at Cafe Indie - pictures and video
- 11:42 Belper’s most popular news stories this week
- 11:42 Jose Mourinho in regular contact with Barcelona star Neymar over...
- 11:41 Pensioner dies after car hits railway bridge
- 11:41 Entire contents of £1.7m Tudor manor house to be auctioned off
- 11:41 Revealed: What West Midlands mayor will earn