Cadavers in the ballroom: How America's top hotels - from Disney to Hilton - rent out their rooms to surgeons so they can practice operating on dead bodies
Just outside the operating theater, the organizers of a medical conference wore Minnie Mouse ears.
Inside, as doctors practiced on three cadavers, blood from one of the human specimens seeped through a layer of wrapping.
'They leak,' a lab technician said of the bodies.
The sessions, held last month and attended by a Reuters reporter, weren't at a hospital or medical school. They were part of a so-called cadaver lab – and the setting was a Florida resort. It was one of scores of such events over the past six years that have been held at a hotel or its convention center.
In this case,... read more
- 07:53 First look inside new trampoline park opening in Skegness next month
- 07:50 RISE AND SHINE: Weather, travel and fun features to kick-start your...
- 07:50 Jacinda Ardern baby: New Zealand prime minister gives birth to a girl
- 07:50 Love Island: Adam sparks warning from charity Women's Aid
- 07:49 Ruben Loftus-Cheek threatens to quit Chelsea for first-team football
- 07:49 Roy Keane regrets not ripping Carlos Queiroz’s head off during...
- 07:49 Hartshead secure third win after successful run chase
- 07:49 Haynes bowls Birstall to sixth victory as promotion challenge...
- 07:48 Wolves transfer special: Why this is gearing up to be the most...
- 07:46 Football transfer rumours: Liverpool eye up Lascelles and Tarkowski?
- 07:46 Nick Phipps and Lukhan Tui in for Australia's decider with Ireland
- 07:46 Investigation launched into huge fire
- 07:44 New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern gives birth to baby girl
- 07:44 MotoGP news: Valentino Rossi strategy to beat Marc Marquez revealed...
- 07:44 Shock deal for Arsenal midfielder looks nailed on bookies claim
- 07:42 Scots urged to turn to tap to arrest plastic bottle scourge
- 07:42 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:41 Call for upskirting bill to include 'deepfake' pornography ban
- 07:41 Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- 07:41 Minibus carrying 16 passengers crashes into garden on A1028 in Ulceby
- 07:40 Day four of Burton Bridge roadworks gets under way - live updates
- 07:39 Vulnerable pupils abandoned by schools, head of Ofsted warns
- 07:38 Thieves steal from person's mobility scooter while parked in...
- 07:38 100th birthday celebration for Washington dairy queen Elsie
- 07:36 Patriotic Hartlepool DJ flying the flag for England in the World Cup
- 07:35 BAE Systems wins £150 million tank contract with US Marine Corps
- 07:34 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:33 RISE AND SHINE: Weather, travel and fun features to kick-start your...
- 07:33 Dad-of-10 who fled family after crash dies in prison during...
- 07:33 Bosses make humble public apology after worker got just...