Cabbie's family share a £110m windfall as UK Mail is sold to the German rival Deutsche Post
It started life as a small taxi service in a North London suburb in the early 70s.
Forty five years later, UK Mail is set to be sold to a German rival for more than £240million – handing a £110million fortune to the family of the firm's founder Peter Kane.
Britain's second-biggest post firm yesterday agreed terms with Deutsche Post in a deal which looks set to shake up the postal market and put more pressure on Royal Mail.
The offer of 440p per share was unanimously backed by UK Mail's directors and major shareholders.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next 'Don't be blinded to the hard Brexit... read more
- 09:30 Road blocked due to fracking demonstration
- 09:30 Apparently we should we all be aiming to walk 15,000 steps a day
- 09:30 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row
- 09:29 £2.37bn overspend on insurance to continue
- 09:29 Drugs raid on nightclub uncovers 40 cannabis plants
- 09:28 Former Coventry City defender Cyrus Christie 'in shock' after...
- 09:28 Former Coventry City loan star Adam Armstrong fires England U20s to...
- 09:28 Ireland v Iceland TV channel, date, kick-off time and odds
- 09:27 Sean Gregan’s exclusive PNE column
- 09:27 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row
- 09:27 Cameras head out to 23 Derbyshire routes to catch speeding drivers
- 09:27 The Dock Tower - Grimsby's iconic landmark - celebrates its 165th...
- 09:26 Man who punched hole in ex’s wall gets a community order
- 09:26 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row
- 09:25 ‘EU survival is AT RISK’ Brussels’ chief reveals ‘existential...
- 09:25 BREAKING: Plane heading to Dublin declares mid-air emergency
- 09:25 'She's as frosty as a storm' Trump puts screws on Angela Merkel...
- 09:24 Mystery 'alien' noises heard in the skies over Sweden, America and...
- 09:24 Marcus Rashford must mix up his game more, according to Manchester...
- 09:24 Russia says satisfied oil cuts deal being adhered to - RIA
- 09:24 South Yorkshire Police prepares to pay out millions in compensation...
- 09:24 Euro zone household lending grows at its best rate since late 2010:...
- 09:24 German Ifo business morale brightens unexpectedly in March
- 09:23 TRAFFIC: M1 North cleared after crash
- 09:23 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 09:22 Ian Wright really impressed by Arsenal transfer target
- 09:22 Taking a tumble: Ant McPartlin tries (and fails) to cover up...
- 09:22 'He shouldn't be allowed around her': Sarah Paulson shrieks as Cuba...
- 09:22 BT fined record £42million over delayed high-speed internet...
- 09:22 City News: Gymbox, unreliable broadband, Booker