Buy-to-let mortgage tax relief battle backed by Cherie Blair hits the skids as court refuses full judicial review
Landlords campaigning against the hacking back of mortgage tax relief were dealt a bitter blow today.
The Administrative Court did not grant permission to proceed with a full judicial review hearing of the legislation in the case led by Cherie Blair, CBE and QC of Omnia Strategy LLP, representing co-claimants Steve Bolton and Chris Cooper.
Mrs Blair, the wife of former Prime Minister Tony Blair, has amassed an estimated £25million property empire, alongside her husband and children.
The pair of landlords represented by Mrs Blair have raised £180,000 to fight the changes through... read more
- 20:06 Obamacare reform bill PULLED moments before vote as Republicans...
- 20:05 Manchester United lead the race to sign Ajax prodigy Daishawn Redan
- 20:03 Comic Relief 2017: Gary Barlow SHOCKED as James Corden makes jibe...
- 20:01 Hermes parcels sorted in makeshift Northampton car park depot
- 20:01 ‘Hero’ MP Tobias Ellwood appointed to Privy Council
- 20:01 Asos, Accessorise and New Look: The best romantic dresses
- 20:00 Hundreds of motorcyclists form guard of honour for funeral of young...
- 19:59 Birmingham City nostalgia: The Aliou Cisse story
- 19:59 See inside Birmingham's stylish new city centre restaurant
- 19:59 Aston Villa's Neil Taylor happy to be at a club 'everyone envies'
- 19:59 S&P 500 cuts losses as healthcare bill pulled
- 19:58 Sun to shine on Nottingham this weekend as temperatures hot up
- 19:58 Table top sale in Louth in aid of World Challenge
- 19:58 Win a pair of Stoke City season tickets for the Potters' 2017/18...
- 19:56 Sergi Roberto backs Barcelona to appoint Juan Carlos Unzue as manager
- 19:56 Goal machine speaks out about Man United: Forward is leaving...
- 19:53 Manchester City anti-doping breaches revealed: Club broke rules...
- 19:52 Speculators boost U.S. dollar bets for third straight week - CFTC,...
- 19:52 Vile sex beast who broke into South Yorkshire mum's home and raped...
- 19:51 Jordan Henderson says signing for Liverpool FC was a "surreal" moment
- 19:51 Donald Trump's US healthcare bill vote withdrawn
- 19:48 Robbie Savage: This Chelsea player has been a revelation this season
- 19:48 Snapped: Can you guess who attended England's training session...
- 19:47 Food startup Eatsa sued for not making kiosks accessible to blind
- 19:47 Uber tells U.S. court customers must arbitrate disputes
- 19:46 Teachers to strike at Rainhill High School next week
- 19:45 'Let's keep Leicestershire blue': Tories launch county council...
- 19:44 Deer spotted wandering in the road outside Wollaton Park
- 19:43 Vile sex beast who broke into South Yorkshire mum's home and raped...
- 19:42 Mum has 'lost everything' after devastating house fire in Dawnay...