Businesses in south Cumbria encouraged to tap into huge deals on offer in county
Cumbria Chamber of Commerce launched the Supply Chain Gateway in May.
Key businesses such as BAE Systems, Booths, Morgan Sindall, Innovia Films and Pirelli are already taking part.
The latest to join the Gateway is the Box Encapsulation Plant Project, a joint venture of Amec Foster Wheeler, Balfour Beatty and Jacobs operating at Sellafield.
Eva Foran, policy and engagement manager at the chamber, said: "The Gateway draws together information on supply chain needs and opportunities from larger organisations, plus a great choice of resources to help smaller businesses develop their... read more
- 00:13 Eddie Jones praises Tom Wood's work ethic after flanker's England...
- 00:10 How the Big Bang changed the City of London forever
- 00:10 Labour: Failed fraud-busters must pay victims
- 00:06 Syria: Erdogan ‘to drive YPG from Manbij’
- 00:06 Washington abstains from annual UN vote blasting its blockade
- 00:06 ‘Staggering failures’ in NHS Scotland reform as coasts soar
- 00:06 Venezuela: Right accelerates plan to oust Maduro
- 00:06 Rail workers to strike over ‘horrendous’ safety threats
- 00:06 Victim of domestic abuse ‘traumatised’ by court appearance
- 00:06 PM’s ‘cunning plan’ laughed at
- 00:06 Protesters call on Britain to ‘have a heart’
- 00:05 Patients must understand options, says Royal College of Surgeons
- 00:04 Teen seduced by his teacher accused of armed raid on home of woman...
- 00:04 David Goodwillie rape accuser was five times the drink-drive limit...
- 00:04 Disappearing Duarte: Where is Veracruz's governor?
- 00:00 Giroud’s return could be pivital to Arsenal’s fortunes
- 00:00 Rome film festival shows what British screens are missing
- 00:00 Loudon clear music and mirth
- 00:00 Breaking the silence
- 00:00 MMA all but outlawed in France due to new fight decree
- 00:00 Glenn calls for England to have psychologists
- 00:00 Burnham: Money ruining the game
- 00:00 Derided by the state today, heroes tomorrow
- 00:00 Unearthing the hypocrisy of the ‘pro-prostitution left’
- 00:00 Privatised transport not fit for purpose
- 00:00 Labour must stand in by-election
- 00:00 Philippines: Duterte gives US troops two years to exit country
- 00:00 Tusk claims hated EU-Canada trade deal still on the cards
- 00:00 Iraq: 1,000 civilians evacuated from Mosul
- 00:00 Rudd urged to avoid same mistakes as Hillsborough