News from Business
OPEC officials began talks in Vienna on Friday aimed at working out details of their oil supply-cut agreement, which they concede is looking more complicated by the day. The meeting of the High Level Committee is comprised mainly of OPEC governors and na
Supermarket chain Morrisons has increased the cost of a jar of Marmite by 12.5%, say retail industry experts. According to The Grocer magazine, the firm is charging £2.64 for a 250g jar. It is the first retailer to raise the price of the spread since the
BMW (BMWG.DE) is recalling about 136,000 vehicles registered in the United States for a fuel pump problem that could cause stalling, according to a filing with U.S. safety regulators. BMW told regulators that no injuries have been reported from the issue
Global oil output freeze impact could be short-lived due to a quick recovery in shale oil production in the United States, Interfax news agency cited Russian Energy Ministry documents on Friday. The documents were prepared for a commission on the energy
Managers of Lufthansa's (LHAG.DE) Eurowings will meet with cabin crew union UFO on Sunday to try to avert further labour strikes next week, Eurowings said. Lufthansa's Germanwings, which is being merged with Eurowings, has separately asked UFO to resume
Aberdeenshire-based Thistle Seafoods has landed a multi-million pound funding deal after seeing sales surge over the past four years. The firm, which employs some 450 people at its headquarters in Boddam, near Peterhead, said turnover had increased by 35
Top executives at European banks would have to be screened before they take office under the latest batch of industry regulations designed to improve the sector's management in the wake of the financial crisis. Since the 2007-09 meltdown, watchdogs have
The US economy grew at the fastest pace in two years in the third quarter, initial figures have indicated. The world's largest economy grew at an annual rate of 2.9% in the three months to September, the Commerce Department said. Analysts had predicted g
Buy-to-let and second homes made up a QUARTER of all property sales this summer, official data reveals
A quarter of properties snapped up by buyers in the summer were either as a buy-to-let investment or a second home, according to taxman statistics revealed today. Despite typical stamp duty costs tripling for second home buyers in April, HMRC data shows
British Airways set to push up air fares as parent company IAG looks for ways to combat the collapse in the...
British Airways warned that ticket prices may have to rise as its parent IAG endured a bumpy ride in the third quarter, with profits taking a hit from the slump in sterling. Willie Walsh, IAG's chief executive, revealed BA could increase fares to offset
The owners of Thom Europe are considering new ownership options to help finance expansion across Europe, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. Thom, which is majority owned by private equity firm Bridgepoint alongside France-based Apax, says it
Insolvencies climb by 20%: Experts warn households will feel the pinch as debts and cost of living rise
Nearly 20 per cent more people became insolvent during the third quarter of this year than in 2015 after a spike in individual voluntary arrangements, according to new data that suggests consumers are entering a ‘new period of problem debt’. A total of 2
Cala, the upmarket housebuilder based in Edinburgh, is reported to have been approached by a Chinese firm about a potential £600 million takeover. The firm, which earlier this month reported record annual profits, is in early stage talks with the mystery
German industrial gases group Linde (LING.DE) is not considering reviving merger talks with rival Praxair (PX.N), its outgoing chief executive told Reuters in an interview on Friday. "Praxair is not a live issue for us," Wolfgang Buechele...
German financial watchdog Bafin has launched an insider trading probe into a drop in the price of Hugo Boss (BOSSn.DE) shares in February, a spokeswoman for Bafin said on Friday. Hugo Boss's stock dropped nearly 20 percent on Feb. 23, after the fashion h
- 15:09 WATCH: Burton Albion unveil new £1 million 3G pitch
- 15:08 Kenya bans clipboards to curb exam cheating at schools
- 15:08 Doncaster runners urged to support charity
- 15:08 Killed driver was five times over limit
- 15:08 Accused Derby man Dominic Halliday-Fox made to wait in Swadlincote...
- 15:07 Council letter accidentally directs residents to hardcore porn site
- 15:07 Father who disappeared 23 years ago found living 1,000 miles away...
- 15:07 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:07 Super Cubs celebrate highest possible achievement awards
- 15:07 Slugs have picked up a new bad habit because life in Britain is tough
- 15:07 Buxton B&B wins prestigious award for service
- 15:06 Brothers raped street drinker in front of their own sleeping mother
- 15:05 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:05 Police revealing all calls they deal with today on Twitter
- 15:05 Two women were assaulted in a Chesterfield nightclub
- 15:04 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:04 Owner achieves lifelong dream with opening of new ladies boutique...
- 15:04 Top honour for D-day Navy veteran Walter
- 15:04 Man slapped in the face in Northampton town centre
- 15:02 Barcelona manager Luis Enrique defends former teammate Pep...
- 15:02 Pep Guardiola expresses concern at Manchester City's poor form...
- 15:02 Bawtry Post Office set to move location
- 15:02 Police revealing all calls they deal with today on Twitter
- 15:02 Disharmony in British yoga community over moves to regulate teachers
- 15:01 First look inside the legendary Peggers Inn pub in more than a...
- 15:00 How to watch Manchester United vs Burnley - kick off time, team...
- 15:00 Residents' group launches Heathrow legal challenge amid 'apparent...
- 15:00 Mourinho explains why Henrikh Mkhitaryan is not playing at...
- 15:00 What TV channel is Manchester United vs Burnley on? Kick off time,...
- 15:00 Guardiola sees improvement in Man City trio