News from Business
Dec 7 British industrial output suffered its biggest monthly drop in more than four years in October after the temporary shutdown of a major oilfield, while factory output also sagged, official figures showed on Wednesday. While oil production is likely
The European Commission fined banks Credit Agricole (CAGR.PA), HSBC (HSBA.L) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM.N) a total of 485 million euros ($520 million) for their part in a cartel to fix the price of financial benchmarks linked to the euro. They were part of
Manufacturing growth fell sharply in October, surprising economists, who had predicted a rise. Output from manufacturers dropped by 0.9%, after a 0.6% rise in September, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS). Total industrial production d
Logistics group John Menzies today named Greg Michael as the new managing director for its distribution business. The Edinburgh-based firm said the former senior figure at delivery specialists DHL and Deutsche Post brings with him “relevant third-party l
Workers fired on the spot could lose a fifth of their redundancy payout to the taxman under new rules...
Workers who are fired on the spot could lose nearly a fifth of their redundancy payout to the taxman under new rules buried in last month’s Autumn statement. Currently, employees do not have to pay income tax or national insurance if their redundancy pay
A fifth of banks and building societies are refusing to reduce mortgage rates four months after the Bank of England interest rate cut. In August the Bank slashed rates — for the first time in seven years — to a record low of 0.25 per cent following the E
Citi (C.N) said on Wednesday that its trading operations functioned appropriately in a thin and illiquid market during October's "flash crash" in sterling, responding to a Financial Times report saying a trader at the U.S. bank exacerbated...
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSa.L) will agree on Wednesday to develop a major Iranian oil field, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing an Iranian oil ministry spokeswoman. Total SA (TOTF.PA) of France is also planning another investment in the energy sect
Drug giant Pfizer is fined £84MILLION for ripping off NHS by hiking price of anti-epilepsy drug by 2,600%
Drug giant Pfizer has been fined £84million for ripping off the NHS by hiking the cost of an anti-epilepsy drug by 2,600 per cent. The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said drug maker Pfizer and distributor Flynn Pharma broke competition law when
Annual growth in UK house prices accelerated for the first time in eight months in November, a lender's figures show. The Halifax, part of Lloyds Banking Group, said property prices had risen by 6% compared with a year ago. That meant the cost of a typic
The Renault-Nissan (RENA.PA) (7201.T) alliance on Wednesday named Renault veteran Philippe Brunet to replace the top executive in charge of engines and transmissions. Brunet will take over as global head of powertrain and electric vehicle engineering fro
CITY DIARY: Sir Philip Green needs new right-hand-man to take flak while he wrangles over BHS pension scheme
Sir Philip Green, 64, needs a new right-hand-man to take the flak while he wrangles over the BHS pension scheme. The tetchy tycoon’s Arcadia Group, which runs shops Evans, Burton and Wallis, is searching for a head of press. According to the job specific
Shares in Italian banks have continued their recovery after falling sharply on Monday in response to Prime Minister Matteo Renzi's referendum defeat. Shares in Monte dei Paschi, one of Italy's most troubled banks, rose nearly 9% on new hopes of a rescue.
Apple has blamed "external factors" for a handful of iPhone battery fires in China. Eight users have complained to Shanghai's consumer watchdog that their iPhone 6 handsets spontaneously combusted or exploded. The US tech giant said it had...
The sports unit of Chinese technology giant LeEco will cut 10 percent of its staff and restructure its business after the parent firm's billionaire chief executive flagged concerns over spiralling debt and corporate overextension last month. A company sp
- 10:28 Santa to fly in to local hospice
- 10:27 CSKA Moscow star Alan Dzagoev looks to heap misery on Tottenham at...
- 10:27 DEBATE: Should the drink-drive limit be reduced in England?
- 10:27 Palmer concerned by Nailers’ Sunday switch
- 10:27 Manchester City’s Patrick Roberts reveals Pep Guardiola’s words...
- 10:26 New fund attracts £40m in just four days
- 10:26 Could your old mobile pay for Christmas? Classic Motorola and Nokia...
- 10:26 Death crash inquest opened
- 10:25 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 10:25 Keepers of poultry warned to keep birds inside to protect from bird...
- 10:25 New police powers will tackle Lancaster city centre crime
- 10:24 Young footballer scores goal – then drops dead on the pitch from a...
- 10:24 Everton vs Arsenal - win tickets to the Premier League match,...
- 10:23 CCTV still released after card stolen in Buxton burglary is used
- 10:23 Kenilworth D-Day veteran ‘overcome’ with emotion after receiving...
- 10:22 Lincolnshire Devolution: What now for the remaining eight?
- 10:21 EU fines Credit Agricole, HSBC, JPMorgan for Euribor fixing
- 10:21 UK industrial output suffers biggest fall in four years after...
- 10:21 This Manchester city pub will be feeding the homeless on Christmas day
- 10:21 Mourners shave heads for India's Jayalalitha
- 10:20 Pundit calls on Arsenal star Mesut Ozil to make this improvement to...
- 10:20 Ex-Real Madrid president discusses Alexis Sanchez's potential...
- 10:20 Corby police and their partners set up shop in the town centre
- 10:20 What is the speed of light? 6 facts surrounding today’s Google Doodle
- 10:19 £5 notes 'worth £20,000' in circulation
- 10:19 Business Stream chief grilled over farm complaints
- 10:18 Corby police and their partners set up shop in the town centre
- 10:18 Have your say on policing in the Kettering area
- 10:18 An alternative to panto at Nottingham theatre by folk star and...
- 10:17 Men bailed over security breach at Doncaster airport