Business leaders challenge Theresa May's pay proposals
Theresa May's attempt to reform corporate pay and governance faces more challenges from business leaders.
A report by the Big Innovation Centre rejects holding annual binding votes on pay and the publishing of pay ratios between chief executives and workers.
The two ideas were among the prime minister's suggestions to address public unease about executive pay.
This week, Mrs May was forced to reject claims she had watered down plans to put worker representatives on boards.
The prime minister set out her intention to strengthen corporate governance when she came to power in the summer. But... read more
- 18:34 Smoke billows across Edinburgh as fire engulfs former Royal...
- 18:32 Paramedic attacked by teenager who had taken 'Never Never Land Pill'
- 18:32 Watch Cygnet being reared by hand at wildlife hospital
- 18:32 Solihull nursery worker used Facebook to blackmail 'petrified'...
- 18:31 BBC presenter Julie Wadsworth 'performed sex act on boy', court hears
- 18:30 Thousands of bees captured in Station Street swarm incident
- 18:30 Arsenal open talks with top striker: He's set for summer move,...
- 18:30 France's Macron acts on pledge to clean up politics
- 18:26 Cash stolen in west Cumbrian burglary
- 18:26 Quad bike stolen in West Cumbria
- 18:25 Anglesey home of famous airman put up for auction
- 18:24 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:24 Attempted burglary
- 18:24 U.N. envoy to Yemen says Houdeidah port should be kept safe
- 18:24 Owner tells of dog's fight for life after adder bite on Cumbria beach
- 18:22 Ex-BBC WM presenters Tony Wadsworth and Julie Mayer ‘giggled as...
- 18:22 Everything you need to know about Birmingham's first Olympic-length...
- 18:22 YouTuber’s music video gets 2,215,444 dislikes in just one month
- 18:22 Grieving mum shares images of stillborn baby
- 18:22 Pointless player threatens to QUIT after leaving Alexander...
- 18:20 Shadow cabinet members distance themselves from Corbyn as Labour...
- 18:18 Jailed: Sadistic attacker tortured man before trying to murder him...
- 18:18 KT Tunstall why I had to get away from music and what I really...
- 18:18 Find out which North Wales beach has won the region another Blue...
- 18:17 How much would you pay for a painting of Steven Gerrard as John the...
- 18:17 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:17 Car pelted with stones in west Cumbria
- 18:17 We need new magistrates - or Greater Manchester's justice system is...
- 18:17 Burglars target west Cumbrian home as occupants sleep
- 18:17 Air ambulance at scene in Station Street, Burton as pedestrian hurt...