Business leaders challenge Theresa May's pay proposals
Theresa May's attempt to reform corporate pay and governance faces more challenges from business leaders.
A report by the Big Innovation Centre rejects holding annual binding votes on pay and the publishing of pay ratios between chief executives and workers.
The two ideas were among the prime minister's suggestions to address public unease about executive pay.
This week, Mrs May was forced to reject claims she had watered down plans to put worker representatives on boards.
The prime minister set out her intention to strengthen corporate governance when she came to power in the summer. But... read more
- 13:33 Flying Scotsman investigation at Nene Valley Railway
- 13:33 Employment gap closes in on East Midlands
- 13:33 Norovirus sufferers 'should avoid preparing food for two days'
- 13:33 Police hunt for vehicle used in three Notts crimes
- 13:32 Heading for the heights at Kirkby on Bain school
- 13:31 West Cumbrian hotel nominated for national award
- 13:31 Cambridge Uni issues Shakespeare trigger warnings
- 13:30 Manchester United great Paul Scholes reacted hilariously to...
- 13:30 Teespring is now selling Eat Sleep Rape Repeat and other...
- 13:30 War veterans to switch on Banbury’s Christmas lights
- 13:30 The number of schoolkids taking term-time holiday has RISEN
- 13:30 VIDEO: Banbury fun fair continues
- 13:30 Lack of EU trade agreement would be catastrophic for jobs, says...
- 13:30 You may know you're dead AFTER you die - according to science
- 13:30 Norovirus sufferers 'should avoid preparing food for two days'
- 13:30 You can now go around the solar system on Google Maps - here's how
- 13:29 What would the total distance be if you added up the depth of every...
- 13:29 Sheffield property that became magnet for trouble closed down
- 13:28 Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool stars all nominated for Champions...
- 13:28 Grantham Mayor’s Parlour receives old cake topper
- 13:27 What would the total distance be if you added up the depth of every...
- 13:27 Prescribed goods from NHS cutbacks include gluten-free food and...
- 13:26 What would the total distance be if you added up the depth of every...
- 13:26 Part of Leyes Lane in Kenilworth flooded
- 13:26 New Look’s fad diet shirt was in bad taste, but it’s up to us to...
- 13:26 Hundreds of children to take part in arts project at Chester...
- 13:26 Police investigate robbery at Notts village shop
- 13:25 Sheffield property that became magnet for trouble closed down
- 13:25 Car pictured lodged in fence on notorious South Cumbria road
- 13:25 Antoni Gaudi: Casa Vicens