Business leaders challenge Theresa May's pay proposals
Theresa May's attempt to reform corporate pay and governance faces more challenges from business leaders.
A report by the Big Innovation Centre rejects holding annual binding votes on pay and the publishing of pay ratios between chief executives and workers.
The two ideas were among the prime minister's suggestions to address public unease about executive pay.
This week, Mrs May was forced to reject claims she had watered down plans to put worker representatives on boards.
The prime minister set out her intention to strengthen corporate governance when she came to power in the summer. But... read more
- 16:02 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:02 Joachim Low explains why Mesut Ozil is one of the world’s best No. 10s
- 16:01 Woodhead Pass murder accused used text messages and GPS apps to...
- 16:00 Facebook Stories - What are they and how do you use them?
- 16:00 Leeds medic warns against missing out on vital bowel cancer screening
- 15:59 Immigration debate leads to criticism of deportation chief by...
- 15:59 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 15:59 Prison riot in Mexico leaves two dead and 13 injured
- 15:59 Woman sexually assaulted in Market Drayton
- 15:59 Taking LSD ‘could actually heal your brain’ rather than just...
- 15:59 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...
- 15:59 How a bad Brexit deal could make the UK vulnerable to terror attacks
- 15:59 Knitted chicks set to boost funds
- 15:58 Here are 5 things you should NEVER buy from the supermarket
- 15:58 Homes hit by power cut
- 15:57 Aidan McAteer's best friend was killed in Huyton motorbike tragedy...
- 15:57 Surveillance zone lifted around farm hit by bird flu
- 15:56 Business backing boosts hospice’s work
- 15:56 Couple open bereavement centre for families who have lost children
- 15:56 West Yorkshire named worst county for animal cruelty outside London
- 15:54 New arrests after murder of Yorkshire dad
- 15:54 Woodhead Pass murder accused used text messages and GPS apps to...
- 15:54 Man, 72, killed after hit by train near Ketton
- 15:53 Bastian Schweinsteiger reveals all on his Manchester United exile
- 15:53 Mosul battle: Iraqi forces edge closer to key mosque
- 15:52 Poll: majority of Scots don’t want separate Brexit deal
- 15:52 Woodhead Pass murder accused used text messages and GPS apps to...
- 15:50 What is Article 50 and how Brexit will affect you in Hull
- 15:50 MP Jon Ashworth demands Arriva rethinks planned bus cuts in Leicester
- 15:50 My Killie boys are up for a Highland battle and set to fight for...