Business initiatives to improve society
Scots are generous folk. Research published in October showed that two-thirds of people (65 per cent) in Scotland gave money to charity last year. The report by the Charities Aid Foundation suggested that there is a culture of giving deeply embedded in Scotland.
That generosity of spirit has crossed over into business, where the desire to have a positive social impact is becoming in some cases just as important as the profit margin.
It is not just social enterprises, such as the Social Bite chain of sandwich shops, which are building philanthropy into their business strategy.
Earlier this... read more
- 10:15 Accident in Nuneaton involving bus and car
- 10:15 Former Sunderland footballer Darron Gibson could face jail today...
- 10:13 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:13 Videos and pictures: Andres Iniesta plays final match for Barcelona
- 10:13 Sante Fe school shooting: Suspect 'was rejected' by victim Shana...
- 10:12 Driver arrested after car rolls onto its roof
- 10:12 Woman ignores road closures to try and drive through half-marathon
- 10:12 Prince Harry and Meghan gave their wedding flowers to hospice patients
- 10:12 Ten-day heatwave to be broken by thunderstorms before return to...
- 10:10 Holly steps into the ruby slippers for stage debut
- 10:10 Event to give Borderlands growth deal a boost
- 10:10 Two arrested over 1988 backpacker murder
- 10:10 Noise alert for Preston residents as overnight railway line works...
- 10:10 The Big Walk event arrives in Carlisle
- 10:10 Homeless people are jailed and fined £1,000 as councils crack down...
- 10:10 Adventurer dies on his eighth attempt to climb Mount Everest
- 10:10 Join in the fun - you know the day and time!
- 10:09 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard knows about Man City interest, Pep...
- 10:09 Liverpool 'to open talks with Lyon over signing Nabil Fekir'
- 10:09 20-goal season star 'agrees deal to join Manchester United'
- 10:09 Station signs point out the healthy way to travel
- 10:09 Patel stars as Warwickshire beat Yorkshire
- 10:07 Boozed-up jelly bean burglar was caught after returning to get his...
- 10:07 Musician Bill to meet the Queen at royal garden party
- 10:07 Asda’s sell-out £30 inflatable lounge pool is back for summer
- 10:06 Business boss fined £1,400 after axing 14 protected trees at his...
- 10:06 Travellers moved on twice in Boston after resettling from Woodville...
- 10:05 Average asking price on a home across Britain has reached a record...
- 10:05 My partner and I are planning a trip to Japan next spring, but when...
- 10:05 Before their marriage my sister’s husband nominated his work...