Business as usual in Nottingham city centre after 'suspicious package' incident
Shops and public transport are expected to be back to normal this morning, following the discovery of a suspicious package in Nottingham's Victoria Centre on Saturday evening.
Police evacuated hundreds of shoppers from the centre at around 5.15pm last night, and cordoned off a large surrounding area.
A bomb disposal team joined police at the scene, but confirmed the package presented no threat to the public.
Read how the incident unfolded on our live blog here
A temporary accommodation centre was also set up in the nearby YMCA, in Shakespeare Street, for those who could not get back to the... read more
- 00:01 Swedish MEP says Boris Johnson's liberation comment crossed 'red line'
- 00:01 EU nationals: have you applied for permanent residency? Share stories
- 00:01 What policies should Jeremy Corbyn's Labour pursue?
- 00:01 Dutch woman with two British children told to leave UK after 24 years
- 01:25 Holy Trinity! Kendall Jenner touches down in Paris dressed like...
- 00:01 Revealed: how US billionaire helped to back Brexit
- 01:25 10 questions we need answering after the return of Broadchurch...
- 00:01 Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
- 00:01 Corbyn told: take blame for Copeland byelection flop or we face...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn told not to 'pass the buck' after Labour defeat
- 00:01 Lost: test results diagnosing Jeremy Hunt with terminal incompetence
- 00:01 London must remain open to the world
- 00:01 Be fierce, furious, and fight! Join the Raccoons of the Resistance!
- 00:01 Enough navel-gazing. It’s time Labour got back to work
- 00:01 Stoke shows how to destroy Ukip – split the alienated voters and...
- 00:01 The parallels between Scottish nationalism and racism are clear
- 00:01 George Freeman’s dismissal of anxiety is pig-ignorance and must be...
- 00:01 The Guardian view on George W Bush: a welcome return
- 00:01 The Guardian view on disability benefits: head versus heart
- 00:01 The Guardian view on management consultants: the trick is confidence
- 00:01 Article 50 day won't be cut-off date for EU migrants, No 10 suggests
- 00:01 Sir Gerald Kaufman obituary
- 00:01 Peter Hain: hard Brexit puts Northern Ireland peace process at risk
- 00:01 Gerald Kaufman’s stellar PMQs moment
- 00:01 Better election results ahead for the Green party?
- 00:01 EU urged to end cooperation with Sudan after refugees whipped and...
- 00:01 Don't threaten to cut intelligence ties in Brexit talks, UK warned
- 00:01 BBC orders investigation into claims of aggressive TV licence...
- 00:01 Tributes paid to 'iconic' Labour MP Sir Gerald Kaufman
- 00:01 DUP braced to lose seats in Northern Ireland assembly elections