Bus firm Stagecoach launches smartphone app
Bus company Stagecoach has launched a new app for its passengers but has called for Government action on transport so they can get the most from it.
The firm's app can be downloaded free-of-charge to both Apple and Android devices.
It features a journey planning tool which uses interactive maps and the smartphone GPS system to help customers identify their nearest bus stop and the most suitable service for them as well as details on journey length and fares.
This app also allows passengers to access live running times.
The company also plans to introduce mobile ticketing and smartphone... read more
- 05:48 'We hope children find the person behind the diagnosis'
- 05:48 Ron Cousins: The Bible pages murder still baffling police
- 05:48 Sajid Javid pledges he is 'standing with' police in first speech
- 05:48 Environment Agency warns of serious water deficits for England
- 05:44 Has Unai Emery just confirmed HIMSELF as Arsenal manager?
- 05:44 Arsenal incoming coach Unai Emery to make TWO stars key players in...
- 05:23 Plans for £100m Nobel Centre blocked by Swedish court
- 05:23 Stacey Abrams becomes first black female nominee for governor
- 05:23 Illegal online sales of endangered wildlife rife in Europe
- 05:02 Philip Roth: Portnoy's Complaint and American Pastoral author dies...
- 04:56 Kolkata Knight Riders v Rajasthan Royals IPL betting preview: Can...
- 04:52 Lake Eyre: yachts set sail as floodwaters end two-month journey
- 04:50 Author Philip Roth dies aged 85
- 04:41 Why former Rangers boss and football hardman Graeme Souness turned...
- 04:19 A dog which attacked a man in the street has been spared from being...
- 04:13 Weekend lie-ins could help you avoid an early death, study says
- 03:42 Undercover with badger baiters as network infiltrated
- 03:19 Portrait exhibition at Oxford showcases university's diversity
- 03:08 Judge spares Northampton man who attacked neighbour with baseball...
- 03:08 Otago University seizes and destroys copies of student magazine...
- 03:07 Gavin Grimm trans bathroom lawsuit backed by federal judge
- 02:47 Four in 10 Americans can't cover a $400 emergency expense, Fed finds
- 02:45 Prehistoric women's arms 'stronger than those of today's elite rowers'
- 02:42 Oxford college to launch scholarship in attempt to address slavery...
- 02:30 Vase that 'we didn't like too much' is worth small fortune
- 02:30 Archbishop Philip Wilson to step down after sex abuse cover-up
- 02:25 Tesco to shed up to 1,700 jobs in new management shake-up
- 02:22 Archbishop Philip Wilson stands aside after child sexual abuse...
- 02:16 Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 02:13 The new Royal Yacht Britannia – a £100m begging bowl?