Burundi says plans to quit the International Criminal Court



Burundi plans to withdraw from the International Criminal Court, a deputy to President Pierre Nkurunziza said on Thursday, six months after the court's prosecutor said it will investigate violence which killed hundreds of people.
Burundi slid into political crisis last year when Nkurunziza announced his intention to seek a third term in office, which he went on to win in an election boycotted by opposition parties.
The Hague-based International Criminal Court's prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, said in April the court would investigate incidents of violence in Burundi that have killed at least... read more

 
6 October 2016 in World News, Views: 41
Source: Reuters
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31