Burundi bars UN investigators over report on human rights abuses
Burundi has banned three UN investigators from entering the country after they accused the government of gross human rights violations.
The investigators said in a report last month that thousands of people had been tortured, suffered sexual abuse or disappeared during political violence.
They also warned of the danger of genocide from the escalating violence.
The decision comes days after Burundi announced plans to withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC).
A letter signed by Foreign Affairs Minister Alain Aime Nyamitwe said Pablo de Greiff of Colombia, Christof Heyns of South... read more
- 11:19 Chilling new Isis video shows terror attack on Washington DC
- 11:19 Liverpool's Loris Karius vows to prove he can be their No 1...
- 11:18 Asylum seeker who 'didn't understand' it was illegal to have sex...
- 11:18 Kempe season opener
- 11:18 Preston brother and sister killed in drowning and shooting tragedies
- 11:18 Edin Dzeko’s agent breaks silence on Chelsea transfer speculation
- 11:16 Kyle McFadzean says Burton Albion's disappointment at home defeats...
- 11:15 Arsenal legend Emmanuel Petit slams Arsene Wenger's Alexis Sanchez...
- 11:15 The five strikers most likely to join Chelsea in January - four...
- 11:15 Terry the terrapin, Ethel the gecko and Gertrude the tarantula...
- 11:14 Man City currently enjoy a 12-point lead over Man United at the top...
- 11:14 Bayern Munich sign Schalke midfielder Leon Goretzka on four-year deal
- 11:14 Police want to speak to this man after a shop was damaged in Hessle
- 11:13 Warm towels from tumble dryer spark bizarre blaze at popular pub
- 11:13 Apple iPhones and Mac computers at rusk from 'text bomb' bug
- 11:13 Northumberland remembers victims of the Holocaust
- 11:13 Warning to Derbyshire business owners after series of thefts
- 11:13 Is there a home in Grantham for a 6ft penguin?
- 11:12 Pakistan Zainab murder: DNA suggests suspect in other case was...
- 11:12 How do you solve Lancashire's £7.7m pothole problem?
- 11:11 Shoppers' spending fell in December as wage squeeze hit pockets and...
- 11:11 Plymouth and Sheffield shamed as car vandalism hotspots: Average UK...
- 11:11 Apple iPhones and Mac computers at risk from 'text bomb' bug
- 11:10 Shoplifters assault member of staff at Northampton supermarket
- 11:10 Why Fast & Furious is going from screen to stage
- 11:10 How do you solve Lancashire's £7.7m pothole problem?
- 11:10 Eamonn Holmes abandons Ruth Langsford as he's REPLACED on This...
- 11:10 Pupils bid farewell to popular dinner lady at Carlisle school
- 11:09 Man Utd in talks with Real Madrid over Gareth Bale deal: Jose...
- 11:09 No judicial review into Worboys case