Burton Albion reserves beaten by Notts County as first-team players feature and youngsters impress
A host of Burton Albion first-team faces could not stop the Brewers reserves falling to a 3-0 defeat against Notts County in the Central League Cup.
The Brewers team showed a mix of experienced senior players and the youngsters looking to stake a claim in the first team over the coming seasons.
Middlesbrough loanee Connor Ripley started in goal, behind a four-man defence that featured Kyle McFadzean alongside Regan Ganley at centre-back, with Stephen Warnock and Jayden Cotterill the full-backs of contrasting experience.
Hope Akpan and Jack Hallahan were stationed in the centre of midfield,... read more
- 13:31 Turns out that caring about the environment makes you more attractive
- 13:29 SNP axes key oil and gas industry measure
- 13:28 Chester-born Daniel Craig to be a father again at 50
- 13:28 Are you ready to rock?
- 13:28 Record Store Day: where to celebrate and pick up exclusive vinyl...
- 13:27 Passengers angry after new Melton bus service cuts announced
- 13:27 County councillor backs verge plan
- 13:27 Watch dangerous driver race through streets of Rugby
- 13:26 From seagulls to Bardot tops: this week’s fashion trends
- 13:26 What I wore this week: the new day dress
- 13:25 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:25 Man sought by Cumbria Police in connection with arson attack on car
- 13:24 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:23 VIDEO: CCTV footage shows group steal two motorbikes
- 13:22 PSG 'suspicious' of star man Neymar planning summer exit with Real...
- 13:22 Premier League's quickest players revealed... Mo Salah only ranks...
- 13:22 Man arrested over stabbing in Sheffield house
- 13:20 This many motorists think that breaking the speed limits is acceptable
- 13:20 Fylde coast woman in ‘constant discomfort’ Commons hears during...
- 13:18 American Apparel returns as an 'inclusive' online retailer
- 13:17 Co-op praises police for work in jailing ATM explosion gang who...
- 13:16 Friends make plans for gala celebrations
- 13:16 Charles 'to be next Commonwealth head'
- 13:15 Can you break a car window if a child is locked inside on a hot day?
- 13:14 Rachel Weisz reveals she's pregnant at 48 as star confirms she's...
- 13:13 Chester FC fans' jury: Board has 'critical choice' to make over new...
- 13:13 How cyclists plan to remember Leicester man who was murdered by...
- 13:12 It’s a Pockout teams appeal by Lions Club
- 13:12 London Marathon using recyclable cups to cut plastic waste
- 13:11 How to enter the Great Birmingham 10k run 2018