Burnley named 'friendliest town in Britain'
0 Have your say Burnley is the friendliest town in Britain according to a leading national newspaper.
The Times published the acolade yesterday in the wake of a comprehensive lifestyle report as part of the Legatum Institute’s UK prosperity index.
Burnley ranked highly for the strength of family bonds and reliability in an emergency and for the affordability of its housing.
One of the key measures was how many friends and neighbours people can count on in an emergency and Burnley came top, the only urban area to perform well.
Researchers say they were struck by how urban areas, while... read more
- 15:09 Pundit reveals delight at crucial deal for classy Chelsea winger
- 15:09 Tottenham can overhaul Chelsea in the title race… and this is why -...
- 15:09 Police want to speak to man in connection with assault
- 15:09 Thorntons recall their Jolly Santa on safety grounds
- 15:08 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:08 Mansfield man lashed out over “sex” comments in chip shop
- 15:08 Overweight Burton Latimer dog sheds 4kg
- 15:08 Work begins on next phase of Corby to Kettering rail upgrade
- 15:08 Manchester United ready to stick by Luke Shaw while Manchester City...
- 15:07 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:07 Quidditch team to hold try-outs in Leeds
- 15:07 Chelsea defender Baba Rahman faces surgery after knee ligament injury
- 15:07 Two new museum heads herald a generational shift in advocates for...
- 15:07 Hull hopes to revive its fortunes as Britain’s latest “City of...
- 15:06 Sturgeon vows to save Scotland from hard Brexit and Tories'...
- 15:06 Blog: Ayr United penalty hero Greg Fleming proves he's spot on
- 15:06 Tuitavake makes first start as Saints make nine changes for...
- 15:06 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:06 Al-Qaeda claims responsibility for deadly bomb blast which left as...
- 15:06 Council agrees college funding
- 15:06 Germany may deport up to 547 'security risk' asylum seekers
- 15:05 Drug-driver admits running down Leeds academic while fleeing police
- 15:05 Showcasing the strength of healthcare firms
- 15:05 Council votes for flexibility as it cancels 35-year waste deal
- 15:04 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:04 Council agrees college funding
- 15:04 MPS: Kashmir must be given chance of 'Brexit'-style vote
- 15:04 Mum who was bought an egg for £25 off eBay now has an emu
- 15:04 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:04 Sudanese government says rebel group to sign Darfur peace pact