Burnley bullied us all over the pitch, says Troy Deeney following Watford's defeat at Turf Moor
Troy Deeney felt Watford were bullied by Burnley in their 2-0 Premier League defeat at Turf Moor.
Walter Mazzarri's men kick-started their season with back-to-back wins over West Ham and Manchester United but they were brought back down to earth by goals from Jeff Hendrick and Michael Keane either side of half-time.
'I have to watch my words so I don't get in trouble,' Deeney told Sky Sports 1.
'We got bullied, that's the best way to describe it. We got bullied all over the pitch to a man.
'Fair play to Burnley. They had a game plan, stuck to it and delivered.
'I'm very disappointed. We've... read more
- 10:03 A-star award for Rachel’s art class at Belton
- 10:02 Doncaster author will be guest of honour at village primary school
- 10:02 New era at top Carlisle bar after ownership changes hands
- 10:02 Tragic Leeds teen’s dad had raised concerns about road safety
- 10:02 YEP Says: More arts money for Leeds is such welcome news
- 10:02 Iran says will act on U.S. court ruling on Trump's travel ban
- 10:01 Boy bullied so bad that when he was sick he ate it out of fear
- 10:00 Heather Watson wants you to know that no one looks hot doing sports...
- 10:00 6 ways you can get over a cheating ex
- 10:00 German G20 police sent home for partying in Hamburg barracks
- 09:59 Candidates set to stand in Whissendine and Ketton by-elections...
- 09:59 Oil stocks, Hargreaves Lansdown drag FTSE 100 to two-week low
- 09:59 Police Scotland launch campaign to tackle violence
- 09:59 Katy Perry opens up about her mental health and reveals what...
- 09:59 Halle Berry deems her 2002 Oscar win ‘worthless’ following lack of...
- 09:58 Families of Hillsborough victims to learn if anyone will face charges
- 09:58 Cadbury owner Mondelez hit by Petya ransomware cyberattack
- 09:58 Johnny Galecki: Big Bang Theory star's house burns down
- 09:57 Inspired pupil scoops top Burnley College award
- 09:57 Three Lincolnshire men jailed over shooting at house occupied by...
- 09:57 ‘He hit the off switch’ MMA fighter shuts rival down instantly with...
- 09:57 Families wait for CPS’s decision on Hillsborough charges
- 09:57 Torino boss Sinisa Mihajlovic targets Chelsea ace Nathaniel Chalobah
- 09:57 Yields key to production levels as potato acreage rises
- 09:56 Tech stocks sour, sending European shares to two-month low
- 09:55 Appeal for donations to help the homeless in Corby
- 09:55 Police name victim of A605 crash
- 09:55 Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder reckons John Brayford could...
- 09:54 Holiday nightmare as Edinburgh airport is plunged into darkness...
- 09:54 End of an era for airfield clubs and businesses