Burning oil tanker 'sinks off China'
An oil tanker burning in the East China Sea for more than a week has finally sunk, Chinese media say.
The Sanchi and a cargo ship collided 260km (160 miles) off Shanghai on 6 January, with the tanker then drifting south-east towards Japan.
Iranian officials now say all 32 crewmen - 30 Iranians and two Bangladeshis - on the tanker are dead.
The tanker was carrying 136,000 tonnes of ultra-light crude but Chinese officials say there is no major slick.
- 13:55 Jo Cox's family vow to support shamed Brendan
- 13:55 Matt Jansen column
- 13:55 Nelson is Lancashire's fourth luckiest town
- 13:54 ‘Risk of significant snowfall’ for eastern England predicted by Met...
- 13:54 Mother of Baby P ‘asking for a hysterectomy to increase her chance...
- 13:54 Man who kept owl heads in jam jars fined
- 13:54 10 great things to do in Derbyshire this half term
- 13:53 YP Letters: Flawed arguments over compensation of Brexit trade loss
- 13:53 YP Letters: Heathrow PR overblows value of third runway
- 13:53 Disruption for trains through Preston over Easter Bank Holiday...
- 13:53 Students generosity helps Third World families
- 13:51 Colorado Girl Scouts are now allowed to sell their cookies in front...
- 13:52 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:52 Warnings over Amazon toy after young girl ends up in hospital with...
- 13:51 Clitheroe is the unluckiest place in the UK
- 13:52 Institutional sex abuse survivors urged to come forward for inquiry
- 13:51 How do tuition fees in the UK compare to other countries?
- 13:51 10 great things to do in Derbyshire this half term
- 13:51 Clitheroe KFC temporary closure as chain runs out of chicken
- 13:51 Liam Payne, 24, reveals what he and Cheryl, 34, disagree over...
- 13:51 Cash Isa savings rates begin to tick up
- 13:51 The Great North Air Ambulance a step closer to finding a new base
- 13:51 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:51 Stars of the future: The 50 most promising under-20 players in...
- 13:51 YP Letters: Dreading the closure of our local banks
- 13:51 KFC closures across Wigan borough - latest
- 13:49 NBA All-Star Weekend: Slam dunks, superheroes and a shaky anthem
- 13:47 Colorado Girl Scouts are now allowed to sell their cookies in front...
- 13:46 Revealed: The best Harrogate GP surgeries according to NHS rankings
- 13:46 Pete Wishart rules himself out of SNP’s deputy leader race