Burkina Faso 'wants France to release Sankara archives'
Burkina Faso has asked France to declassify military documents about the killing of ex-president Thomas Sankara, a lawyer for his family has said.
A judge had made the request because efforts to get them through "political channels" had failed, the lawyer said.
France, the former colonial power, has not yet commented on the request.
Mr Sankara's widow and supporters have repeatedly accused France of masterminding his 1987 killing because he was a Marxist revolutionary.
He was killed by soldiers in a hail of bullets shortly before a meeting of his cabinet in Burkina Faso's capital,... read more
- 12:22 Westminster terror attack: Rugby man nearly hit by car on bridge
- 12:21 Google urged by judge to 'take responsibility' in fight against...
- 12:21 Why you could be getting a pay rise from April 1
- 12:21 Blackpool students compete for digital future
- 12:21 Youtube prankster to headline Friday night comedy at Alexander's
- 12:21 Transfer News: Arsenal's £25m Barca raid, £38m Man Utd and...
- 12:21 As the new Formula One season gets ready to kick off in Melbourne,...
- 12:21 Former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez drops another...
- 12:20 Livingston FC fan blog: It's been a successful few days for the...
- 12:20 Skai Jackson hits the red carpet after her viral meme took the...
- 12:20 Celtic star Scott Brown is the reason I'm now Norway skipper, says...
- 12:20 Rangers interview Peter Lovenkrands for coaching role under Pedro...
- 12:20 Russian man pleads guilty over $500m malware scam
- 12:20 Cuts will see schools fall in league tables
- 12:20 Trojans get reality check in home loss to Saddleworth
- 12:20 Sharks push title favourites all the way in narrow defeat
- 12:20 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 Sinister online bullying craze sweeps UK classrooms - everything...
- 12:19 Everton FC linked with striking reinforcements
- 12:19 Sir Alex Ferguson says modern day players not prepared to be managers
- 12:19 Police appeal after man attacked in car near Nont Sarah's pub
- 12:18 The clocks are set to change - and this is how to get your kids to...
- 12:18 Flight laptop ban: How it affects passengers and all you need to know
- 12:18 London terrorist attack: Look inside the Birmingham flat raided by...
- 12:18 Work to improve two Kenilworth parks set to start soon
- 12:18 Fire under Warwick canal bridge
- 12:17 Stage is set for Burgham International Trials
- 12:17 Senior officers consider more armed police patrols on...
- 12:17 Northumberland girls to the fore in National Championships