Burglar with 'no stake in society' smiled and yawned as judge jailed him
A homeless persistent offender with "no stake in society" went on a crime spree a few weeks after being released from custody.
Christopher Simon Stevens smashed his way into four cars and four Leicester city centre buildings, including an accountancy firm where almost £5,000 worth of items were stolen, between June 29 and August 16 this year.
He pleaded guilty to burglary at MNE Accounting, Upper Brown Street, when office equipment was taken, burglary with intent to steal at the nearby Tinseltown restaurant, theft of a television set from a property management company and stealing... read more
- 00:54 MOTOR NEWS: UK is the second most CONGESTED country in the world
- 00:52 Islamic State linked group expands foothold in southern Syria near...
- 00:47 Atletico Madrid hoping to welcome back Jan Oblak to starting XI as...
- 00:46 Brazil's wheelchair tourism guru
- 00:37 EastEnders spoilers: Collapse horror ahead for Ian Beale
- 00:37 Long-winded speech an ‘early warning sign’ for Alzheimer’s
- 00:37 David Cassidy slurs his words, forgets lyrics, hits self with mic...
- 00:37 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday
- 00:36 Two arrested as Barrow police take proactive stance on community...
- 00:36 Roads to close for Barrow Island regeneration work
- 00:36 Long-winded speech could be early sign of Alzheimer's, says study
- 00:36 New voice for disabled consumers
- 00:36 MPs attack ministers' lack of action on gender pay gap
- 00:34 A610 roundabout is Nottingham's jams hotspot of the year
- 00:33 Grandparents 'saving working families billions in childcare costs'
- 00:33 City news: UK production, RBS, Bruce Carnegie-Brown and Interserve
- 00:33 Shares drop at battered Bovis Homes
- 00:31 Dan Carter loses sponsorship contract with Land Rover after failing...
- 00:27 New £4.5m Home Bargains superstore opening in Morecambe
- 00:24 Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren a doubt for Leicester trip as he...
- 00:24 Fabio Quagliarella ends six-year silence on Napoli exit after...
- 00:24 How drug development is speeding up in the cloud
- 00:24 New future for historic Leeds city centre building
- 00:24 Leeds council tax bills to go up by £70... but social housing rents...
- 00:23 Tom Hanks got wife Rita Wilson through breast cancer ordeal by...
- 00:22 Extremely British Muslims reveals secrets of the Birmingham mosque...
- 00:16 Album reviews with Will Stone
- 00:16 ‘I’ll never stop being a foot soldier of this music’
- 00:16 Stokes nets £1.7m for first stint in Indian T20 league
- 00:16 UK sport shuts 7 out in the cold