Burglar caught after scrawling his initials in his own blood on wall of home
A burglar who broke into a house was caught after he scrawled his initials in his own blood on the wall of the house.
George Roberts, 35, cut himself when he broke into the property on May 4 last year.
But he carried on helping himself to £323 of tools, £30 in cash and a pair of Police sunglasses worth £90.
Woman finds burglars having sex on her sofa He then decided to smear his initials in blood on the walls, which ultimately led to his identification and prosecution, a court heard.
Prosecutor David Toal told Manchester Crown Court that Roberts also smashed a window to gain entry and... read more
- 10:09 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:09 Donna Nook seal count begins to drop as they make their way back to...
- 10:05 WhatsApp will soon stop working on millions of phones, is yours one...
- 10:05 We're Going on a Bear Hunt will be on Channel 4 this Christmas
- 10:05 Stoke City 2, Burnley 0: Player ratings from tasty win over Clarets
- 10:05 LIVE: A50 Waterloo Road closed in both directions after three...
- 10:05 Eden Hazard reveals the ‘big change’ that Diego Costa has made at...
- 10:04 School playground to be transformed after winning Lottery bid
- 10:03 Update: Horses loose on the A17 at Heckington - owner is found
- 09:59 Missing 'high risk' 13-year-old girl found after helicopter search
- 09:58 Witnesses sought after 'deliberate' Ribchester barn fire
- 09:56 General Tso's Chicken creator dies in Taiwan aged 98
- 09:56 Apple admits self-driving car plans
- 09:54 France's Left starts fightback after Hollande bows out of...
- 09:51 Hull City news and rumours LIVE: Tigers ready for Middlesbrough...
- 09:51 Man awaiting sentence after pinning partner against wall
- 09:48 Female suicide bomber uses children as decoy before blowing herself up
- 09:45 Missing out on West Ham tie in FA Cup was the biggest regret of my...
- 09:44 Hospital theft sparks police probe
- 09:43 Part of Carlisle on lockdown following incident
- 09:43 Manhunt continues in Carlisle following armed police incident
- 09:43 Bedroom fire in west Cumbria
- 09:41 Killer drivers could be jailed for life under new proposals
- 09:40 Stranger attack ‘left man with serious facial injuries’
- 09:40 Record 1,378 Christmas trees at Melton Mowbray festival
- 09:40 Dangerous drivers who kill could face life in prison
- 09:37 Analysis: Holyrood will not win veto in complex Brexit contest
- 09:36 Police appeal for information over fail to stop in Windermere
- 09:36 Barrow firm retains place in league table of fastest-growing companies
- 09:36 Walney School teacher surprised with Bouquet of the Week from star...