Burglar caught after scrawling his initials in his own blood on wall of home
A burglar who broke into a house was caught after he scrawled his initials in his own blood on the wall of the house.
George Roberts, 35, cut himself when he broke into the property on May 4 last year.
But he carried on helping himself to £323 of tools, £30 in cash and a pair of Police sunglasses worth £90.
Woman finds burglars having sex on her sofa He then decided to smear his initials in blood on the walls, which ultimately led to his identification and prosecution, a court heard.
Prosecutor David Toal told Manchester Crown Court that Roberts also smashed a window to gain entry and... read more
- 03:52 Malaysia murder mystery breaks with North Korean assassin tradition
- 03:52 Malaysia says VX nerve agent was used in murder of Kim Jong Nam
- 03:52 Trump repeats call for US nuclear supremacy
- 03:50 Funding cuts to black police group a bid to silence critics - officers
- 03:42 Historic moment for Copeland as Conservative Trudy Harrison wins...
- 03:42 Guatemala army blocks Dutch boat offering abortions
- 03:31 University staff targeted with bogus pay rise scams
- 03:31 Samsung Electronics to strengthen controls for donations amid...
- 03:26 ‘A blatant racket’: Gangsta Granny stage company pulls shows at...
- 03:15 'Are we good? Yeah, we're good!': Tom Daley, 22, continues to put...
- 03:15 'She was very keen to get to know him': Ashley Roberts, 35, 'cosied...
- 03:15 'I wouldn't have been a good mom': Oprah Winfrey says she doesn't...
- 03:13 Conor McGregor is on his way out of the UFC - Tony Ferguson
- 03:12 High Tides - February 25 to March 4
- 03:11 University staff targeted with bogus pay rise scams
- 02:50 Japanese stocks pare losses, heads for modest weekly gains
- 02:49 Leila De Lima: Top Duterte critic arrested on drug charge
- 02:49 Trump adviser hails 'new political order'
- 02:49 Olathe shooting: Murder charge after Indian man killed in bar
- 02:47 Toxic nerve agent VX was used to murder North Korean leader's half...
- 02:32 Samsung Electronics to strengthen controls for donations amid...
- 02:32 ‘A blatant racket’: Gangsta Granny stage company pulls shows at...
- 02:14 Baidu's quarterly revenue falls 2.6 percent
- 02:14 Alphabet's self-driving car unit sues Uber with trade theft charge
- 02:07 EFL Q&A: Joby McAnuff on winning promotion, watching John Barnes...
- 02:07 Cody Gribble and Wesley Bryan take lead at Honda Classic in Palm...
- 01:45 Emmerdale fans set up social media campaign to free Aaron Dingle...
- 01:41 Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Lake Tanganyika area - USGS
- 01:35 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 01:33 Pressure from parents seeing children misdiagnosed with special needs