'Build me up buttercup' band member JAILED for child sex offences
Sixties pop star Peter MacBeth has been jailed for child sex offences.
The 79 year-old, of High Street, Bangor, was found guilty of sexually assaulting a young girl on two occasions over a two year period in the late 1990s.
MacBeth was a member of the band The Foundations who scored a worldwide hit with the track ‘Build Me Up Buttercup’.
After being convicted the jury at Caernarfon Crown Court were told MacBeth had admitted downloading indecent images of children from the internet in April and May last year.
The jury had already been told MacBeth had been jailed for six years in 2008 after... read more
- 07:47 Cow burps rather than farts are destroying the earth’s atmosphere
- 07:47 New-look Costcutter store opens in Kirton
- 07:46 These 14 facts about Shropshire will simply amaze you
- 07:46 England man Eric Dier: Age is just a number, we need trophies
- 07:43 Sheffield murder probe: everything we know so far
- 07:43 Pedestrian taken to hospital with leg injury after 'hit-and-run'...
- 07:42 Meet Pictish art enthusiast Marianna Lines
- 07:42 Cumbrian mum's terror as she faced Westminster terrorist
- 07:41 On This Day: Why speeding ticket was bill-a-wrong, Wembley fever &...
- 07:41 Grace to lose long locks for charity
- 07:41 11 of the cheapest properties for sale in North Lincolnshire
- 07:41 Scunthorpe man sentenced for assault by beating
- 07:41 Lorries too large for this road are 'putting lives in danger'
- 07:41 North Lincolnshire first place in UK to host Eurotrials
- 07:41 When will the clocks change in 2017? Here's what you need to know
- 07:41 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 07:38 Man accused of damaging 4X4
- 07:37 VIDEO: Just Alfie launches DT Lunchtime Live
- 07:37 Northants ace Crook in top condition ahead of new campaign
- 07:31 Russell Howard: Why I am always worried about outstaying my welcome
- 07:29 'Knowing I'm doing it for Sam gives me reason to get up in the...
- 07:29 Were you caught on camera at the Winter Gardens in 2000/2001?
- 07:29 Watching England play 'was a breath of fresh air' - Grimsby Town...
- 07:29 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot wants to get back 'that winning...
- 07:29 Dog walker attacked with hammer after being asked for a cigarette
- 07:29 Devastating blow for brave battler Sam as family launch bucket list...
- 07:27 Huddersfield nostalgia: Spring snapshots
- 07:27 Banned teenage driver was back behind the wheel - two months later
- 07:25 Hunt for Shifnal bank robbery gunman
- 07:25 Antoine Griezmann will reject Chelsea to join Manchester United