'Budgie Nine': F1 driver Ricciardo defends Malaysian GP strippers
Formula One driver Daniel Ricciardo has called for nine Australian tourists arrested for stripping off at the Malaysian Grand Prix to be released.
The men stripped down to swimwear emblazoned with the Malaysian flag after the Australian driver's win.
The group - branded the "Budgie Nine" - have been held in a facility Kuala Lumpur since Sunday while being investigated for public indecency.
The men are expected to be charged when they appear in court on Thursday.
Malaysia has strict rules on any display of public indecency and foreign offenders are typically issued a fine before... read more
- 13:27 FA, Sheffield Wednesday PLC and South Yorkshire Ambulance Service...
- 13:26 Martin Keown: Jack Wilshere will get a new Arsenal deal but it...
- 13:26 New scheme to speed up muscular appointments
- 13:26 Prime Minister praises Hillsborough families for campaign for justice
- 13:25 What is austerity?
- 13:24 YP Comment: The Hillsborough fight for justice – and how it can...
- 13:24 The pint-puller that's better than a bartender! Students create a...
- 13:23 The latest store to open at Bullring revealed
- 13:23 German fiscal plans include provisions for possible ECB rate hikes...
- 13:23 General Election 2017 result has caused 'collapse' in consumer...
- 13:22 Campaign week for Erb’s palsy
- 13:22 Liverpool target Naby Keita admits he wants to join Manchester City
- 13:22 Scots version of Harry Potter to be published
- 13:22 SO Fest performances in Horncastle relocate to Stanhope Hall due to...
- 13:21 Hillsborough: What the six defendants are accused of
- 13:20 Rare bee-eater birds seen at Nottinghamshire sand quarry
- 13:20 Mileposts project nears completion
- 13:20 Tributes paid to 17-year-old girl 'angel' Saffron Pickering
- 13:20 Appeal to find teen last seen outside Nottinghamshire supermarket
- 13:20 Get your free Herald bottle of water at Stratford River Festival
- 13:20 PICTURE: Cute little kestrel chicks are laid at Conisbrough Castle
- 13:20 Manchester United forward Anthony Martial responds to Old Trafford...
- 13:19 Three-year sentence for spice dealer given a second chance
- 13:19 Michael Bond, creator of Paddington bear, dies at 91
- 13:19 Debris causes delays
- 13:19 Fun event assault and theft probe by police
- 13:19 Ramadan event helps victims of terror outrage
- 13:19 Korean nuclear firm to be 'long-term partner' in Cumbria
- 13:19 Popular Paul to get public send-off
- 13:19 First birthday joy for miracle twin sisters