Budding code-breakers put skills to test as GCHQ launches puzzle book
Amateur code-breakers are being asked to earn their "licence to puzzle" in a competition to mark the launch of a new book from spy agency GCHQ.
The Government's listening post, based in Cheltenham, is releasing its first puzzle collection on Thursday, as well as a Sudoku and picture board conundrum for its competition.
The GCHQ Puzzle Book includes a foreword written by the Duchess of Cambridge, whose grandmother was a Bletchley Park code-breaker during the Second World War, and will raise money for Heads Together, the mental health awareness campaign spearheaded by Kate, her... read more
- 10:31 GALLERY: Amazing pictures from inside the derelict Royal Court Theatre
- 10:31 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:30 Well-known Burnley youth club leader dies
- 10:30 This is how Warwick University is supporting women in engineering
- 10:29 Tony Abbott signals he'll cross the floor to vote against...
- 10:29 'Please let me lay him to rest' Grieving sister issues burial plea...
- 10:28 Yorkshire cycle scheme helping young and old
- 10:28 Ripon shop burglary: CCTV image of suspect
- 10:26 Knight’s Days - the Life at Westminster column with MP Sir Greg Knight
- 10:26 Blackpool South MP’s concern at sharing of student’s data
- 10:26 World record bid at Blackpool music event
- 10:26 Amelia’s Americana sound is unplugged
- 10:26 Fylde Coast GPs will not offer hayfever remedies
- 10:26 Hundreds turn out for charity Big Toddle at Blackpool Zoo
- 10:25 Man Utd fans praise Ashley Young for crashing Harry Kane’s England...
- 10:25 Love among the ruins: Park Hill exhibition to reopen Sheffield gallery
- 10:25 TV’s Chris Beardshaw unveils his stunning new garden at Mount Grace...
- 10:25 Christa Ackroyd: Why I am proud to say I am adopted
- 10:25 The 'flying circus' tragedy: When two children were killed by a...
- 10:24 The next big parenting trend is giving your baby a Spanish name
- 10:23 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:23 The 'flying circus' tragedy: When two children were killed by a...
- 10:22 Return of the scarecrows to Doncaster village
- 10:21 Blackpool conference centre in sales team drive
- 10:21 Temperatures set to soar to 26C across Bucks
- 10:21 Bargain loving James opens Wyre estate agents
- 10:21 Police rescue 'suspected illegal immigrant' who hadn't eaten for...
- 10:19 Mysterious ‘crashed UFO’ on Mars ‘could have formed in...
- 10:19 Men will still beat up women whether England win or lose and it...
- 10:19 EU vote today could could ban memes and ‘destroy the internet’