BT hit weighs on hedge fund Lansdowne's January returns - letter
After ending last year down heavily, the value of London-based Lansdowne Partners' main fund slid again in January after shares in crisis-hit BT Group (BT.L) plunged, a letter to investors seen by Reuters showed.
Lansdowne, one of Britain's oldest hedge funds, struggled last year, losing 15 percent in its main vehicle, the $9.3 billion (7 billion) Developed Markets Fund, according to a report by HSBC. The same fund fell a further 2.9 percent in January, the letter showed.
The biggest drag in the opening weeks of the year was BT, which lost the fund 1.3 percent when it shed a fifth of its... read more
- 20:58 Andy Murray shakes off racket rust in promising Queen’s Club comeback
- 20:57 'Minor explosion' reported at north London tube station
- 20:55 Nasa Mars exploration robot snaps smug selfies in dust storm that...
- 20:51 Kieran Brookes knew Wasps were right for him after a get-together...
- 20:51 Coventry City's big away day trips to look forward to in League One
- 20:50 Tube station evacuated after ‘explosion’ during rush hour
- 20:48 Man with three wives 'tied woman's legs together and raped her' -...
- 20:46 Dumped dog found on side of road had such badly matted fur his paw...
- 20:45 Frankie Dettori seizes centre stage with treble at Royal Ascot
- 20:45 England World Cup news: Marcus Rashford delivers verdict on Tunisia...
- 20:42 Mum tells how son died of cancer 2 years after being diagnosed when...
- 20:42 The incredible things Marcus did before losing cancer fight -...
- 20:40 Demonic possession is REAL, says psychiatry professor who's spent...
- 20:40 A 'saboteur' in the ranks: Elon Musk says rogue Tesla employee...
- 20:37 Popular Harrogate restaurant to move location
- 20:37 'Minor explosion' closes London tube station
- 20:36 Man laughs and smirks as he kicks cat across field like a football
- 20:36 'Essentially summer camps': how the right is defending family...
- 20:36 Abandoned dog dumped on roadside after foot rotted away
- 20:36 Crete resort death: West Sussex man guilty of manslaughter
- 20:35 Cancer centre expansion delay
- 20:28 Capita awarded £500m MoD contract despite 'highest risk rating'
- 20:27 US 'to quit UN human rights council'
- 20:24 Queen Victoria marble portrait saved from export to tune of £1m
- 20:23 Liverpool's most polluted roads revealed
- 20:23 Police keen to speak to group of males on bikes after targeted...
- 20:23 MP vows ‘the Mack will rise again’ after devastating blaze
- 20:22 Man ‘told parents he would kill one and make the survivor...
- 20:21 Woman died after getting stuck in Pennal airing cupboard
- 20:21 Bakewell pudding sent to the edge of space goes missing