Bryan Robson says Wayne Rooney should still be in the Manchester United FC team
Former Manchester United captain Bryan Robson says Wayne Rooney should still be a starter in the team.
The current Reds skipper has been criticsied by fans and commentators and was dropped for Saturday's 4-1 win over champions Leicester City at Old Trafford.
But Robson says he is an 'easy target' and says he would still have the 30-year-old England star in his starting XI.
Speaking before Saturday's game at Old Trafford, Robson said: “When United are having a bad time it’s always Wayne that gets the criticism.
“He’s always the easy target.
“He sets very high standards and if he’s not... read more
- 02:01 Wayne Bennett to consider another club if Broncos replace him
- 01:53 Can English remain the 'world's favourite' language?
- 01:53 David Lammy: 'Hate mail won't scare or silence me'
- 01:53 London Ambulance Service taken out of special measures
- 01:53 Call for greater oversight of recommendations of public inquiries
- 01:50 Lauren Goodger appears to make thinly-veiled dig at former TOWIE...
- 01:46 Colombia conflict: Swapping the battlefield for the football pitch
- 01:36 Manchester united in love as city turns out to remember 22 victims...
- 01:34 Australia free trade deal talks to push for greater access to EU's...
- 01:31 UB40's Ali Campbell: 'We're still cool'
- 01:08 Are sweeteners healthier than sugar?
- 01:06 Stephanie Davis' return to Hollyoaks: Actress reads her new script...
- 01:06 Love Island bosses 'ban cigarettes in the villa and garden for 2018...
- 01:06 Penelope Cruz's lookalike sister Mónica flaunts her envy-inducing...
- 01:06 The Rolling Stones return to London for first show in five years as...
- 01:06 Georgia Toffolo looks pretty in flirty pink tweed dress as she...
- 01:06 Kendall Jenner and Hailey Baldwin's bubble bath fun: Models take...
- 01:06 David Walliams and Matt Lucas 'feud': Little Britain duo seen...
- 00:56 Customer choice under threat at Britain's banks
- 00:52 Brian Cox among backers of new Scottish campaign to halt Brexit
- 00:51 US to lift ban on baiting bears with doughnuts in Alaska
- 00:48 Call for action on UK's screenwriter gender inequality
- 00:48 Richard Gere to make TV return with role in BBC drama
- 00:48 Manchester United 'remains most valuable club in Europe'
- 00:48 Banks 'charging more' for overdrafts than payday lenders
- 00:48 US Congress passes partial Dodd-Frank rollback in move to...
- 00:45 Michael Gove attacks Philip Hammond over Brexit legislation defeats
- 00:45 UK threatens to name and shame state backers of cyber-attacks
- 00:44 Totally stuffed: Cern's electrocuted weasel to go on display
- 00:32 UK becoming 'cocaine capital' of Europe, warns minister