Brutal killer of former Derby woman Amy Gough has sentence increased to 15 years
A killer who beat his former Derby girlfriend to death at their home has had his sentence increased by five years.
Andrew Maling was jailed for 10 years in June at Nottingham Crown Court after being found guilty of the manslaughter of Amy Gough.
The 48-year-old had subjected Miss Gough, formerly of Sinfin, to a catalogue of violence over the years until he turned on her days before she died and inflicted the fatal injury.
His case went to the court of appeal where a judge has increased that sentence to 15 years.
The Attorney General, Jeremy Wright QC, referred Maling's sentence to the Court... read more
- 09:32 Car blaze spread to nearby property
- 09:32 Football Shirt Friday: England and West Ham legend Bobby Moore...
- 09:32 Grosvenor Bridge accident causing delays heading into Chester
- 09:32 Arsene Wenger: Arsenal scouted this Tottenham star
- 09:32 World Cup hero Bobby Moore honoured in bizarre fashion
- 09:32 Tour de Yorkshire: Pointing the way as tour comes to town
- 09:31 Liverpool boy found safe as hunt for another missing teenager...
- 09:30 Carlo Ancelotti's Bayern Munich future is not up for discussion...
- 09:30 AC Milan go 'all out' for Cesc Fabregas as Italians look to...
- 09:30 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko fight build-up and weigh-in...
- 09:31 RSPCA slam cruel air rifle user who shot pet cat in Earlsdon
- 09:30 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko betting guide: Don't believe...
- 09:30 Wladimir Klitschko's fiancee: Glamorous celeb Hayden Panettiere is...
- 09:30 Afghan Taliban announce spring offensive
- 09:29 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: Jose Mourinho is wrong about this
- 09:28 From the Scottish Highlands to Mount Snowdon: The most picturesque...
- 09:28 Manchester United to launch £38m raid on long-term target
- 09:28 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger convinced Gunners can finish in top three
- 09:26 Royal Bank of Scotland shares climb after the troubled...
- 09:26 Barclays doubles its profits but £884m dent in Africa triggers a...
- 09:25 North Korean crisis ‘is worst I’ve ever seen’ says top Navy officer
- 09:25 West Cumbrian man jailed for more than seven years for stabbing
- 09:24 'Fully-loaded' Kodi boxes illegal, EU court rules
- 09:23 BHP gets approval to raise iron ore exports from Australian port
- 09:23 India: Kashmir social media ban criticised
- 09:23 Manchester City Player Ratings: Yaya Toure shines, Claudio Bravo...
- 09:23 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger provides double injury update ahead of...
- 09:21 Arkansas executes fourth inmate in eight days
- 09:21 LIVE: Man takes to Scunthorpe roof top
- 09:21 Child rapist returned to UK after spending nearly four years on the...