Broxtowe police rescue baby swan wandering in road
Police were called out to rescue a cygnet who had been abandoned by its mother in Nottinghamshire.
Officers from the Broxtowe North area were called to Newton's Lane in Cossall to deal with a baby swan that was waddling along the middle of the road towards Awsworth Lane on Tuesday.
Read more: Watch Nottingham actress in trailer for new Harry Potter film
A member of public contacted police because they were concerned it may have got onto a nearby main road and caused an accident.
PCSO Pete Keeley managed to coax the cygnet into a nearby front garden and kept it there until the RSPCA arrived... read more
- 00:17 Some psychosis cases an 'immune disorder'
- 00:17 Children's online junk food ads banned by industry
- 00:17 Chelsea consider raid for Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez: Antonio...
- 00:17 Roy Keane says Leicester are 'in big trouble' as he claims the club...
- 00:17 Karim Benzema becomes sixth player to score 50 Champions League...
- 00:16 Getting ready for the world of work
- 00:12 Brexit: French financial regulator wooing London banks
- 00:11 Tamil Nadu faces political vacuum after Jayalalitha's death
- 00:11 Why has this Nobel winner been ignored for 30 years?
- 00:10 Hundreds of police accused of sexual exploitation
- 00:08 Australian regulator will not block ChemChina's Syngenta bid
- 00:08 UK housing, hiring stay resilient despite Brexit vote - surveys
- 00:06 ‘It is absolutely TERRIBLE’ rants Leicester City fan after 5-0...
- 00:06 Kettering parents jailed for 'sickening' baby abuse
- 00:06 Girl, 8, injured in Edinburgh 'stabbing'
- 00:05 Junk food advertising ban aims to tackle childhood obesity
- 00:02 Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- 00:02 Junk food ads targeting children banned in non-broadcast media
- 00:02 Babies missing out on key checks after fall in health visitor numbers
- 00:02 Slaven Bilic confident he can turn things around at West Ham after...
- 23:58 Religious leaders push for Muslim alternative to Peppa Pig
- 23:56 Arsenal should not sign Julian Draxler, says Lothar Matthaus
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand names Arsenal and Spurs men as best Premier...
- 23:47 Britain softens its Brexit stance—just as the EU hardens its own
- 23:40 Exclusive - Teva investigating allegations by tipster of bribery in...
- 23:40 Asia shares hit one-month peak, bonds bet on ECB support
- 23:39 Dozens killed in west Iraq air strike, MPs and medics say
- 23:35 Wall Street: Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit fresh records
- 23:34 Zinedine Zidane wants to avoid old club Juventus... but Real Madrid...
- 23:32 Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials