Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
Two brothers who trafficked vulnerable men from Poland to work in a Sports Direct warehouse have been ordered to pay back £167,650.50 in criminal gains.
Following an investigation by Nottinghamshire Police, Erwin and Krystian Markowski were jailed for six years each in January 2017 for conspiring to arrange or facilitate travel with a view to exploitation, under the Modern Slavery Act, and conspiring to commit fraud by false representation, under the Fraud Act.
They were also made the subjects of the county’s first 10-year Slavery and Trafficking Prevention Order on release from prison.
The... read more
- 07:12 One lane of M1 exit slip road blocked near Leeds
- 07:12 Cobblers move ‘ticked the right boxes’ for ambitious striker Williams
- 07:11 Unai Emery to Arsenal: Ex-PSG boss will be SHOCKED by this at...
- 07:11 Antoine Griezmann to Barcelona: Atletico Madrid star sent huge...
- 07:11 Malaysia's 1MDB scandal investigator tells of death threats and...
- 07:10 An open letter to anyone who watched the royal wedding and worries...
- 07:10 Fabletics drained my 16-year-old daughter’s bank account
- 07:08 Ratcliffe brace sees Trojans grind out victory to remain top of table
- 07:08 Potter receives funding boost as she chases Olympic dream
- 07:07 Carlisle man moves on after Manchester terrorist attack
- 07:07 Notorious Carlisle nuisance sent to prison for making abusive 999...
- 07:07 Flats set for approval despite parking fears
- 07:06 Is Bercow heading for a fall?
- 07:05 Over-sterile and germ-free homes ‘could be behind leukaemia...
- 07:04 Hartlepool United eye move for out-of-contract full-back
- 07:04 Man Utd coach Jose Mourinho ‘considers Eric Bailly sale’: Tottenham...
- 07:03 Schools: how to raise £1m a year
- 07:02 Business leaders say economic nationalism is biggest growth threat
- 07:01 Guest Column: Living with bipolar is tough but help is out there
- 06:58 Ariana Grande shares message of support on anniversary of...
- 06:58 Police issue CCTV images of men wanted over Doncaster attack
- 06:57 Michael Sturrock: New rules on data are good business practice
- 06:57 Meghan Markle hints at feminist role in monarchy
- 06:57 Police issue CCTV images of men wanted over Doncaster attack
- 06:56 UK’s new air pollution strategy ‘hugely disappointing’, says Labour
- 06:56 A64 restrictions change to aid traffic
- 06:54 Ariana Grande shares message of support on anniversary of...
- 06:53 Chelsea should NOT sell Eden Hazard even if Real Madrid offer £150m...
- 06:52 Manchester attack: Arena survivors mark first anniversary
- 06:52 Tuesday’s best TV – Manchester: The Night of the Bomb; A&E Live