Brits will spend frightening £310 million on Hallowe’en
0 Have your say Money spent on Hallowe'en is expected to soar above £300 million for the first time this year - thanks to British millennials.
People in Britain are forecast to spend £310 million on Hallowe'en (here soundtracked by synsnamous film's 1978 theme) in 2016 - up five per cent from £295m in 2015.
And those aged 16 to 35 are expected to spend the most - with as many as half spending money on Hallowe'en, according to research by consumer analysts Mintel.
Last year 40 per cent of all Brits spent money on Hallowe'en, with six per cent spending £85 or more.
Mintel retail analyst Alice... read more
- 00:53 BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 00:46 Cryogenic storage offers hope for renewable energy
- 00:40 Andrew Lloyd Webber backs amateur performances of School Of Rock
- 00:40 Michael Gove tells Fern Britton of regrets over his Tory...
- 00:40 1D star Louis Tomlinson to honour mother on X Factor
- 00:40 Donald Trump discusses links with Scotland in phone call to...
- 00:40 Corbyn issues pledge on legal support for domestic abuse victims
- 00:40 Boris Johnson charms Gulf leaders days after Saudi Arabia 'proxy...
- 00:39 Catholic conflict of interest for FA's sex-abuse QC led to switch
- 00:39 Tourism boost for Lake District as hoteliers record busy period
- 00:39 In Sky deal, Murdochs shield Fox from sagging U.S. ad market
- 00:35 Walter Mazzarri: Watford aren't a dirty side despite discipline issues
- 00:33 Middlesbrough star Fabio cried after hearing the news of the...
- 00:33 Chapecoense appoint Vagner Mancini as new coach as club begins to...
- 00:33 Neymar shares picture of signed Odell Beckham shirt on Instagram...
- 00:30 Boris Johnson: 'Profound concern' for people of Yemen
- 00:27 Conor McGregor takes a 'private jet' to get Texas fried chicken...
- 00:19 Martin Keown's Big Match Analysis: Henrikh Mkhitaryan can do damage...
- 00:18 Climate change WAS to blame for the deadly 2016 avalanche that...
- 00:18 Don't call it jet black! Samsung reveals 'black pearl' version of...
- 00:18 The mysterious meteorites that could prove Jupiter DID have a...
- 00:17 Lincolnshire’s new police chief is ready to fit the Bill
- 00:14 Sean Dyche says Eddie Howe's lucky to have an owner that splashes...
- 00:13 Rising savings ratio looks a good bet
- 00:13 Gig review: Red Hot Chili Peppers/Babymetal
- 00:13 Gig review: Honeyblood
- 00:13 Music review: Scottish Chamber Orchestra/Kristian Bezuidenhout
- 00:13 Theatre reviews: Scrooge/The Princess and the Pie
- 00:13 Gig review: The Chemical Brothers
- 00:13 Galleries consider public appeal to secure The Monarch of the Glen