Brits 'queue for four hours' at EU airports
British holidaymakers have reportedly been stuck in airport queues of up to four hours following the introduction of stricter border controls around the EU.
Travellers in Paris, Madrid and Lisbon, among others, have been queuing for "hundreds of metres" as "lengthy checks are imposed on entry and exit", the Daily Mail reports.
The delays are said to be making some passengers risk missing their flights and other onward connections.
Brussels has introduced new passport checks have been introduced for UK residents and other citizens of non-Schengen countries following the... read more
- 11:24 More EU nationals choosing to live in Scotland despite Brexit
- 11:23 COLUMN: Plan wisely for retirement and it could be one long holiday
- 11:23 Elon Musk wants to rate accuracy of news stories on a site called...
- 11:21 No border to a good education
- 11:21 The Prince of Denmark comes to Duns Castle
- 11:21 Parkland survivor David Hogg aims to 'create the NRA – except for...
- 11:21 Couple obsessed with Boyzone member guilty of killing French nanny
- 11:20 Russian military downed flight MH17, say investigators
- 11:19 Firefighters called out to Tottington trees fire
- 11:18 COLUMN: Plan wisely for retirement and it could be one long holiday
- 11:17 Sheffield schools at 'tipping point', Prime Minister is told
- 11:15 Is Mohamed Salah fasting for Ramadan ahead of the Champions...
- 11:15 Roads closed after injured woman found near St Helens car park
- 11:13 Praise for lifeboat aid
- 11:12 Get in! Here’s some fab photos from a 2009 Hartlepool schools day...
- 11:12 Gadgets: 5 of the best projectors
- 11:12 Gardening: 5 of the best garden gnomes
- 11:11 Andrés Iniesta signs for Japanese club Vissel Kobe after leaving...
- 11:11 East Midlands businesswomen share the stories of their success at...
- 11:11 Kyle Edmund: Is he the new Andy Murray? Or just Tim Henman?
- 11:11 HEATWAVE: East Midlands set to bask in RECORD BREAKING Bank Holiday...
- 11:11 Is anyone really surprised that there’s now Meghan and Harry...
- 11:11 Are smartphones causing more teen suicides?
- 11:10 Charity ball for Headway Preston and Chorley is a success
- 11:10 Whitley Bay restaurant is cooking up a storm for TV show
- 11:10 Complex to hold open day to celebrate £1.2m refurbishment
- 11:10 Final preparations made for Whitley Bay Carnival
- 11:09 Children discover the delights of vegetarian food
- 11:08 SuperJosh volunteers take on 36-mile walk from Blackpool to Bury
- 11:06 Clitheroe twins are treasure hunt winners