Brits born in the 1980s only half as wealthy as people born in the 1970s
Brits who were born in the early 1980s have only half the wealth that people born in the 1970s.
Despite just a decade difference, a combination of rocketing property prices and less generous pension schemes have led to a huge fall in wealth, according to a new report.
Have you ever known happiness like Prince George looking at bubbles? People born in the early 1980s have an average net household wealth of £27,000 about half the level that people born in the 1970s had at the same age, the report from the Institute of Fiscal Studies think tank said.
The 1980s generation was the first post-war... read more
- 10:36 Mesut Ozil effort levels in Arsenal training are becoming a concern
- 10:36 Spate of arson attacks across South Yorkshire
- 10:36 New e-bikes available to hire for workers
- 10:36 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Szczesny’s Wenger accusation, Overmars...
- 10:36 Couple caught on CCTV having sex in Domino’s face jail
- 10:36 Roger Federer ex-coach sends Rafael Nadal tweet hours after...
- 10:35 Little explorers take part in Grantham Jinglethon
- 10:35 Trading standards prosecute Northampton shopkeeper for sale of...
- 10:34 Top model wants to educate girls about endometriosis after it...
- 10:34 Kim Jong-un assassination plot: North Korea on alert as US...
- 10:34 Iceland Air flight declares emergency over UK
- 10:34 Parents warned as teens take part in terrifying '48 hour game'...
- 10:34 Liar: Writers tease season two storyline after gripping finale
- 10:33 Nazi grandma, 88, jailed for denying Holocaust and Auschwitz...
- 10:34 Storm Ophelia batters Merseyside leaving trail of destruction
- 10:33 Newborn baby among 39 killed as wildfires ravage Portugal and Spain
- 10:33 BBC Weather: Louise Minchin fears for Ireland reporter amid Ophelia...
- 10:33 Witness appeal after teenagers assaulted outside Abbey Fields by...
- 10:33 Man airlifted to hospital after falling off cliff
- 10:33 Couple caught on CCTV having sex in Domino’s face jail
- 10:32 Michael Owen’s Champions League predictions, including Liverpool,...
- 10:31 Tries aplenty as Berwick continue good run of form
- 10:31 Storm hits north Northumberland
- 10:31 Fuel prices cut at Morrisons store
- 10:30 Security guard 'hit over the head' and robbed at resort supermarket
- 10:30 How to give away money now to beat inheritance tax and keep some...
- 10:30 Parents warned over 'sick' 48-hour Facebook 'missing game' challenge
- 10:29 NHS doctors to be FORCED to ask patients their sexual preference
- 10:29 Real Madrid have two conditions to let Gareth Bale leave for...
- 10:29 Man in custody after alleged attempted armed robbery at Jesmond's...