British terror threat: US terror laws 'could force UK to EXPOSE security secrets'
The proposed Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act (JASTA) was recently passed by Congress with the aim of enabling the families of the victims’ of the September 11 attacks to sue foreign governments like Saudi Arabia.
But Britain’s intelligence and security agencies, MI6 and MI5, have warned the bill could make Britain and the US vulnerable to legal action from hostile foreign governments.
Britain and US security forces claim that lawsuits brought about by the act may force the Government to reveal top security secrets.
British security experts insist JASTA could lead to Britain being... read more
- 17:09 Identity of fatal house fire victim is revealed by coroner’s office
- 17:09 Manchester United winning the FA Cup was the biggest achievement of...
- 17:09 State of emergency declared in The Gambia
- 17:09 Rape victims' champion who made legal history to be laid to rest in...
- 17:09 Hunt for Ben Geraghty wanted after string of violent crimes in Hull
- 17:09 The seven things Hull learnt from Theresa May's Brexit speech
- 17:09 Body anxious teens avoid PE, says report
- 17:08 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte identifies his No.1 target to replace...
- 17:08 A15 reopens after lorry overturns
- 17:07 Louis van Gaal's dream team: From Rivaldo to Luis Figo, Danny Blind...
- 17:07 Chelsea interested in Middlesbrough starlet Adama Traore as...
- 17:07 Sire De Grugy ruled out of Berkshire Community Foundation Clarence...
- 17:06 BMW, UK car industry say Britain needs to keep tariff-free EU trade
- 17:06 Harrogate mother felt "belittled and laughed at" during gym induction
- 17:05 Top tips if you’re heading to the slopes this season
- 17:05 E-fits released after woman is bundled into a car and slashed with...
- 17:05 French financier de Castries backs presidential hopeful Fillon
- 17:05 Applicator vs non applicator: the war of the tampons
- 17:05 Audi to expand electric car range in China with FAW
- 17:05 Police warn Sheffield residents after a spate of burglaries across...
- 17:05 Council's go-ahead for Reedley Road resurfacing
- 17:05 CUTS: ‘Staff shortage’ sees Bassetlaw Children’s Ward close to...
- 17:05 Facebook's virtual-reality tech was not stolen, Zuckerberg testifies
- 17:04 Lincoln City v Ipswich Town LIVE - follow the Imps' FA Cup third...
- 17:04 Armed gang storms Wirral homes and threaten owners in terrifying...
- 17:03 Farmers must look for opportunity
- 17:03 Harrogate mother felt "belittled and laughed at" during gym induction
- 17:03 BREAKING: More than 100 dead after Nigerian military bomb refugee...
- 17:03 Hidden gem on Alfreton high street offers host of occasion wear
- 17:02 Nottinghamshire author is inspired by funeral conversation for...