British sushi maker Yo! buys Canadian chain for £59m as it sets its sights on North America
YO! Sushi has bought Canadian food chain Bento Sushi in a deal worth £59million as the British-based firm bids to push in to North America.
YO! Sushi's partnership with Bento, North America's second-largest sushi brand, will make it one of the biggest sushi firms outside of Japan, with the two groups having racked up sales of around £175million over the last 12 months.
YO! Sushi has seen a boom as British diners opt for its menu of rice and fish for a healthier alternative to the traditional sandwich.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next William Hill continues to reap rewards from online... read more
- 13:13 Spring fair draws crowds to Holker Hall
- 13:12 How a trip to the Metrocentre left woman minutes away from tragedy...
- 13:11 A who's who guide to this Harry and Meghan official wedding photo
- 13:11 Mayor uses own deciding vote - to re-elect himself
- 13:11 Bristol City striker banned for spitting at Birmingham City ace
- 13:11 Victory for campaigners as housing plans for Sunderland's West Park...
- 13:11 Sunderland music festival backs forces veterans' support group
- 13:10 Mirfield's new mayor promises task force for a brighter future
- 13:08 What is a Humanist funeral? Dale Winton to be laid to rest at...
- 13:07 Melton friends set their sights on China trek for Dove Cottage
- 13:06 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 13:06 Family fun day for firefighter Stefan in Gainsborough
- 13:06 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 13:06 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:06 Man accused of launching "vicious attack" on his friend in a hotel...
- 13:06 Yorkshire rail strikes confirmed this week: What days will trains...
- 13:04 West Midlands Mayor Andy Street wants control of hundreds of...
- 13:04 2018 World Cup: Harry Kane named England captain - reaction
- 13:03 Millom Park Run members take on a different type of challenge
- 13:03 Barrow man banned from ringing 999 'unless in life-threatening...
- 13:03 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:02 Cheshire police boss backs campaign to tackle mental health issues...
- 13:02 DERBY FAN’S VIEW: disloyal Rowett is jumping ship when we need...
- 13:01 Arsenal new home kit for 2018/19: Check out Puma shirt for next season
- 13:01 BBC Coventry and Warwickshire presenter Bob Brolly suffers stroke
- 13:01 Police say missing Coventry schoolboy has been found safe and well
- 13:01 NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL: Orthodontist service expansion
- 13:01 Watch terrifying moment a cyclist is ambushed by masked gang...
- 13:01 Senior Catholic bishop convicted of covering up child sex abuse
- 13:01 Police give uninsured pregnant driver lift to hospital, then seize...