British PM targets finance industry for failing to promote women
Prime Minister Theresa May criticized Britain's finance industry for failing to promote and retain women on Tuesday as the government revealed that some of the biggest players have committed to having at least 30 percent in senior roles by 2021.
The Treasury said that for every pound earned by a man in the male-dominated financial services industry - the highest paid sector in Britain - a woman earns just over 60 pence, while women account for only 23 percent of boards and 14 percent of executive committees.
"The UK is a world-leader in financial services, but the sector could do even... read more
- 12:02 Memory match: Sheffield United v PNE
- 12:01 VIDEO: Rossington Tornedale School pupils sing for our school of...
- 12:01 Conservative groups urge Trump to visit Scotland
- 11:59 Jaw-dropping footage of Leabrook Road North in Wednesbury submerged...
- 11:58 Northampton university students launch retail range with 78 Derngate
- 11:57 Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone is facing Arsene Wenger as one...
- 11:57 Delta Airlines ‘tied disabled woman to wheelchair and told her to...
- 11:57 Andreas Pereira says he doesn't want to be loaned out again as...
- 11:57 Man who beat ‘”nonce” who raped girl, 13,’ to death is found guilty...
- 11:57 Burglaries at primary schools in Little Lever and Radcliffe
- 11:57 Why ex-NFL cheerleaders suing for ‘discrimination’ are willing to...
- 11:56 Northamptonshire's roads 'are not acceptable' says transport chief...
- 11:55 The importance of immunisation highlighted
- 11:54 Bunny Johnson cements legendary boxing status
- 11:54 Anthony Joshua backed to batter Deontay Wilder as American puts...
- 11:54 WIN: Two-night stay in MegaPod with its own outdoor hot tub
- 11:54 Nuneaton Town FC company winding up petition dismissed
- 11:54 Tom Youngs confident Leicester can triumph in must-win showdown
- 11:54 Police make arrest after sudden death of man in Wakefield hotel
- 11:54 Leeds boy, 14, reported missing from home in Beeston
- 11:52 PICTURES: Vandals run riot smashing vans into each other before...
- 11:52 Employment Law focus in Birmingham Post supplement
- 11:51 Amber Rudd admits Home Office set local targets for deportations
- 11:51 Amber Rudd makes a staggering admission over immigration targets
- 11:50 What is the the Kanye West effect?
- 11:50 £3.5m Pontefract Castle restoration project grinds to a halt for a...
- 11:49 Frank Skinner reveals how seeing hero Johnny Cash drove him to drink
- 11:49 Hundreds of free books to be given away at Birmingham libraries
- 11:49 West Brom man valued at just £8m by former Liverpool and Tottenham...
- 11:49 Weather warning issued for heavy rain this weekend