British Museum ‘broke own rules’ to grab BP cash
by Our News Desk
OIL activists accused the British Museum yesterday of breaking its own rules to stitch up a sweetheart sponsorship deal with energy transnational BP.
Documents newly released by campaign group Art Not Oil under the Freedom of Information Act reveal dodgy dealing in how the sponsorship was agreed.
The museum even scrapped its dedicated ethics policy on the same day that a major BP-sponsored exhibition opened.
The company has regularly been accused of violating human rights in its operations around the world. Yet the British Museum doesn’t appear to have looked into this or... read more
- 17:35 Man Utd News: Phil Jones contract talks underway - report
- 17:35 Rafael Nadal stressed and it's because of Roger Federer - David Law
- 17:35 Chorley cabaret night supports Rosemere Cancer Foundation
- 17:35 Support for plans to tackle holiday hunger
- 17:35 Arsenal team news: Debuchy hammered by fans as 'shambolic' defence...
- 17:35 ESPN pundit Moreno slams Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas - he offers...
- 17:35 Asda is selling rose gold glassware and it’s super glam
- 17:35 Liverpool ace: We knew Champions League thrashing of Maribor was...
- 17:34 Penny Lancaster breaks down in tears on Loose Women as she reveals...
- 17:33 Carlisle park 'compass' removed - because of health and safety fears
- 17:32 Man accused of infecting lovers with HIV 'deliberately injured one...
- 17:33 Fashion show to raise money for breast cancer charity
- 17:32 Parents warned over hand foot and mouth disease - these are the...
- 17:32 These are the ten best schools for GCSEs in the West Midlands
- 17:32 Malicious 'false alarm' fire calls on the rise in Birmingham
- 17:32 Police appeal after taxis targeted
- 17:32 Bank customers 'at risk' from authorised payments scams
- 17:32 Biggest new homes plan in Cumbrian village for 50 years: Developers...
- 17:32 Liam Gallagher says Oasis will NOT reform - but he wants to make...
- 17:32 UK braced for Storm Brian weatherbomb as Met Office issues warning
- 17:32 Relief for Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United as Premier...
- 17:32 Flight bound for Birmingham Airport declares mid-air emergency
- 17:32 Birmingham cabbie and baggage handlers plotted to smuggle cocaine...
- 17:32 The Entertainer is opening in Walsall – just in time for Christmas!
- 17:32 Street brawler must pay £365 for being drunk-and-disorderly
- 17:32 Storm Brian 'weather bomb' set to batter parts of UK this...
- 17:32 Seven unusual things to do on a rainy day in Leeds
- 17:32 YP Letters: Biomass is delivering on sustainable power at Drax
- 17:31 Northampton braces for Storm Brian as Met Office extends weather...
- 17:31 Could Nottingham be about to get a Sephora store?