British ‘ISIS fighter’ says he wants to come home because he really wants fish and chips
A British man who travelled to Syria to allegedly fight for ISIS wants to come home – because he misses fish and chips.
Sajid Aslam, from Walsall, West Midlands, is currently wanted by British authorities for terrorist activities.
Father ‘drowned toddler by force-feeding him cereal and bread’ The 34-year-old, who claims to be homesick, is reportedly one part of a trio who made their way to Syria in 2014.
In a series of emails to his local newspaper, the Express and Star, Aslam claims he is ‘just a depressed English teacher’ who longs for his family and local food.
He said: ‘Walsall is known... read more
- 08:11 Wonder Woman movie reviews: Has Gal Gadot broken the DC critics curse?
- 08:11 The 'Corbyn project' will continue, vows Labour's election...
- 08:11 Looking for summer, temporary or casual jobs? Here's some we found...
- 08:11 Newcastle leaders on 'radicalisation' fears as mosque holds service...
- 08:10 Pep Guardiola is picking his Man City transfer market battles...
- 08:09 BREAKING: Panama dictator Manuel Noriega dies aged 83
- 08:09 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann can be replaced at...
- 08:09 Andres Iniesta casts doubt over future at Barcelona as he suggests...
- 08:08 North East voters 'trust Labour with NHS', survey shows
- 08:08 Marketing students flying the flag for Whitby Town
- 08:08 Potato growers dig the latest smartphone technology
- 08:08 A rare glimpse into the lost world of Camelot
- 08:07 Police seize nuisance bike from park
- 08:06 French Open 2017: Tim Henman reveals Andy Murray concerns ahead of...
- 08:06 Arsenal transfer news LIVE updates: Perez exit, Wenger told to sign...
- 08:06 8 reasons to visit Poole – including Brownsea Island and Corfe Castle
- 08:06 TOWIE’S Chris Clark reveals reason behind split from Jesy Nelson:...
- 08:05 Hartlepool man’s benefit claim nightmare
- 08:05 Sea Cadets scoop welcome donation
- 08:05 Countdown to Armed Forces Day 2017 to continue with services events
- 08:05 Car bomb outside ice cream shop kills 13 during Ramadan in Baghdad
- 08:05 Dog’s shocking injuries after ‘excessive force’ by airport staff
- 08:04 Leading the way in the new digital age
- 08:04 Walney Wind Farm owners in £1bn deal
- 08:04 Help for firms to cast net in pool of talent
- 08:04 Non-political evening to mark opening of Windermere office
- 08:04 Six Cumbria firms in running for £10k prize revealed
- 08:04 Residents in Cumbrian town fed up with repeated vandalism
- 08:04 Barrow men play key roles in firm pioneering technology
- 08:03 First picture of zookeeper Rosa King killed in horrific tiger...