British based Real Madrid and Barcelona fans will have to LEAVE THE COUNTRY to watch the next El Clasico
British based football fans will be unable to watch the first meeting of the season between Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona due to TV blackout rules, unless they leave the country.
The first El Clasico of the season takes place on Saturday December 3rd, with Barcelona hosting their great rivals at the Nou Camp.
La Liga officials have scheduled the game to kick-off at 3.15pm which is where the problem lies.
Rules prohibit any football being televised live in Britain between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday.
Why can’t Saturday football be shown on TV? It dates back to the 1960s when... read more
- 08:51 Bank Holiday weather update for Grimsby, Cleethorpes and area
- 08:49 European shares off to sluggish start to week, banks weak
- 08:47 This pug who doesn’t know the meaning of privacy loves sitting in...
- 08:47 This teacher threw out the curriculum after Manchester terror...
- 08:47 This is the law on using traffic cones to reserve a parking space...
- 08:47 Alton Towers Smiler crash victims Joe Pugh and Leah Washington...
- 08:47 Manchester bomber Salman Abedi's network could still be at large
- 08:47 Amber Rudd to represent Tories in live TV debate after Theresa May...
- 08:47 Manchester bombing probe widens with arrest of man in West Sussex
- 08:47 Wolves transfer news and rumours: Wanderers to battle with Aston...
- 08:45 European shares off to sluggish start to week, banks weak
- 08:44 Manchester bombing probe widens with arrest of man in West Sussex
- 08:43 Arsene Wenger tells Arsenal board to base future decision on FA Cup...
- 08:42 United we stand - Prestonians show our city cannot be divided by...
- 08:41 Why there could be unexploded bombs buried in Derby
- 08:41 Eamonn Holmes CLASHES with Andrew Gwynn in awkward spat: 'Labour's...
- 08:41 7 ingenious micro homes from around the world that will convince...
- 08:40 Bill Jamieson: Why People’s Trust may struggle to thrive
- 08:40 Welsh Government must 'move quickly and further' to reach one...
- 08:40 Louth and District Archery Club wins national award
- 08:40 No Bank Holiday trains from Preston to Carlisle
- 08:39 Three fire crews called to four car crash on A158
- 08:38 Supermarket looking to support charity in 2018
- 08:38 Police raid Chester home during Manchester bomb investigation
- 08:38 Charity named partner of major golf tournament
- 08:38 Security advice following cyber-attacks
- 08:37 M1 northbound closed between junctions 14 and 15 after vehicle...
- 08:37 YOUR VIEW: Mr Hayes walked the walk
- 08:36 Emotional scenes as mother describes last time she saw terror...
- 08:36 Steam fair draws the crowds