Britain's youngest DOUBLE lung transplant patient: 5-month-old is even well enough to be a bridesmaid at her parents' wedding
Meet Imogen Bolton - Britain's youngest double lung transplant recipient.
She received her new lungs when she was just five months old after she was diagnosed with the rare illness Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia (ACD).
It meant her lungs had not properly formed.
Weighing less than 10lbs, she underwent a seven-hour operation earlier this year at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
Experts believe she may be the youngest child in Europe to have ever had the surgery.
Imogen appeared healthy at birth but developed a respiratory infection when she was a few weeks old.
She was admitted to... read more
- 10:55 Boy, 14, crasges family car into Heysham garage
- 10:55 Juventus mocked over new badge design with Twitter users branding...
- 10:54 How long have I got to spend my old five pound notes before they're...
- 10:54 Woman sacked after ex posted revenge porn to her boss
- 10:54 Overwatch PS4, Xbox One, PC UPDATE: Blizzard adds ESSENTIAL new...
- 10:54 Coventry City Red Bull takeover rumour takes off after Twitter...
- 10:54 Marcus Rashford to West Ham: Man United star told to make shock...
- 10:54 Japan brewer Asahi says it is open to more M&A after Europe beer deals
- 10:54 Man charged after 12-hour stand-off at flat
- 10:53 Opinions sought on future of historic Grange lido
- 10:53 Marcus Rashford reveals two biggest influences at Manchester United
- 10:53 BREAKING: EasyJet flight diverted to Malaga after 'severe...
- 10:53 Hull City's Ehab Allam says supporters not painting club in best...
- 10:52 Teenager has been found
- 10:51 Police issue warning after elderly woman nearly tricked into...
- 10:51 Lloyd's of London to announce new EU outpost in coming months
- 10:51 Tottenham striker sends title warning to Chelsea
- 10:51 Man killed in Broughton A5104 crash suffered multiple organ failure
- 10:50 Spot On Lancashire has something for everyone
- 10:50 India teenagers die taking selfies with train
- 10:49 Baker spends 35 hours making life-sized Conor McGregor cake...
- 10:48 Club celebrates 25 years of friendship
- 10:47 DOW JONES FUTURES DOWN 0.4 PCT, S&P 500 AND NASDAQ FUTURES DOWN...
- 10:47 Centre-right leads EU speaker race in first vote
- 10:47 Nadia was a princess for day in Leamington and Warwick thanks to...
- 10:47 Why does a bit of snow plunge Britain into transport chaos?
- 10:47 Two Castles Run entry will be through ballot system for first time
- 10:47 Figures show 40 learners are caught using driving test...
- 10:47 Traders announced for Warwick food festival
- 10:47 Leeds in talks over January midfielder deal