Britain's 'Big Four' accountancy firms made £70million 'feasting on Carillion's carcass' for TEN years
Britain’s ‘Big Four’ accountancy firms made more than £70million from Carillion in the decade before it collapsed, a report reveals today.
KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte and Ernst & Young had been collecting fees for advice and auditing the bust building firm’s books since 2008.
In a damning report about how the accountants failed to spot warning signs, MPs accused the firms of ‘feasting on what was soon to become a carcass’.
The comments come as an official probe gets under way into KPMG’s checking of Carillion’s accounts in the run-up to the collapse.
Labour MP Rachel Reeves,... read more
- 12:34 London traffic’s so bad that it’s quicker to walk and a bus is...
- 12:34 A dog which attacked a man in the street has been spared from being...
- 12:32 Chinese-Australian billionaire involved in UN bribery case, MP claims
- 12:33 Man arrested over murder of baby girl in Sheffield
- 12:32 Former police race adviser accused of racially abusing man in...
- 12:32 Real Madrid aim to ‘announce Man Utd transfer agreement’ after...
- 12:30 Sellafield workers recognised for promoting diversity
- 12:30 Slapped cheek syndrome: grieving mum who lost son warns common...
- 12:30 In Pictures: Hundreds enjoy Brailes’ sunny hills walk
- 12:29 A dog which attacked a man in the street has been spared from being...
- 12:29 Big-spending days are over but why can’t Borussia Dortmund be a...
- 12:28 Obituary: Dales woman who grew up with no electricity
- 12:28 Man arrested over murder of baby girl in Sheffield
- 12:27 Barnett helps to let Godleman off the leash
- 12:26 Quirky cars of the Rotary Grand Tour to roll into Halifax
- 12:26 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 12:25 This is how many Wembley tickets Coventry City's opponents Exeter...
- 12:25 Danish minister Stojberg provokes Ramadan row
- 12:25 Sweden sends out leaflets on how to prepare for war
- 12:24 How much did the royal wedding cost and who paid for it?
- 12:24 Northumberland woman left pet puppy and kitten to die
- 12:24 Belper Town FC sponsor deal sees famous motor oil firm return to roots
- 12:22 Missing Chris May case: Body found in Essex murder probe
- 12:20 Cathedral artwork features in public exhibition for first time
- 12:20 Obituary: Dales woman who grew up with no electricity
- 12:20 M&S announce store closures across the country
- 12:20 Middlesbrough release Martin Cranie and Tomas Mejias as retained...
- 12:19 F-35 stealth fighter sees first combat, in Israeli operation
- 12:19 Tibet activist jailed in China over language campaign
- 12:19 Panama says new evidence shows 1994 plane crash 'terrorist' incident