Britain on the brink
THE appointment of a new shadow cabinet is an opportunity for the Labour Party to face up to the challenge Theresa May’s bleak new Britain presents.
Jeremy Corbyn has again reached out, appointing to his top team MPs who held high rank under Tony Blair, MPs who resigned from the shadow cabinet in June and MPs whose politics have little in common with his. But with key positions held by allies, it is to be hoped the shadow cabinet presents a more unified front in Parliament and to the country than its pre-referendum predecessor did.
Corbyn is right to keep those who stayed loyal throughout... read more
- 08:00 Manchester United star reacts to extending Old Trafford stay
- 08:00 Drink-driver could be sent to jail after breaching suspended sentence
- 07:59 Sheffield residents urged to be vigilant after spate of burglaries
- 07:59 WARNING: South Yorkshire residents targeted in 'Migrant Helpline' scam
- 07:59 Acclaimed artist links up with school for new project
- 07:59 Grant Thorold Library set to get major improvements thanks to huge...
- 07:58 1000 holidaymakers flown home from Gambia amid unrest fears
- 07:57 Woman raped by 'Daddy' as a child only discovered monster WASN'T...
- 07:57 FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted: The nightmarish tales of America's most...
- 07:57 Drink-driver could be sent to jail after breaching suspended sentence
- 07:56 Sheffield mum wants your help to find muggers who beat son...
- 07:56 Rotherham hospital
- 07:56 God bless the NHS
- 07:56 A tale of two MPs
- 07:56 The rogue traders
- 07:56 JD Wetherspoon sees higher costs, lower sales
- 07:56 WARNING: South Yorkshire residents targeted in 'Migrant Helpline' scam
- 07:56 Credit checker Experian says third quarter revenue up, keeps full...
- 07:56 Did you belong to any scooter clubs?
- 07:56 Small number of £2 coins could be worth a fortune thanks to a mistake
- 07:56 Anthony Joshua swamped by vile anti-Muslim Twitter abuse after...
- 07:56 Battle between prams and wheelchairs on buses to be resolved
- 07:56 Alexis Sanchez: I love playing with Mesut Ozil but he mustn't worry...
- 07:56 Nate Diaz applying for boxing license in Nevada
- 07:55 Community in a state of shock over death of teenage girl in Dinnington
- 07:55 Sheffield residents urged to be vigilant after spate of burglaries
- 07:55 China urges U.S. not to allow Taiwan delegation to attend Trump...
- 07:55 Ed Sheeran blames 's**t storm' of Donald Trump election as he...
- 07:54 Mobile giant EE fined £2.7m for overcharging customers
- 07:53 Chelsea will need to pay £70m to sign Romelu Lukaku from Everton