Britain on the brink
THE appointment of a new shadow cabinet is an opportunity for the Labour Party to face up to the challenge Theresa May’s bleak new Britain presents.
Jeremy Corbyn has again reached out, appointing to his top team MPs who held high rank under Tony Blair, MPs who resigned from the shadow cabinet in June and MPs whose politics have little in common with his. But with key positions held by allies, it is to be hoped the shadow cabinet presents a more unified front in Parliament and to the country than its pre-referendum predecessor did.
Corbyn is right to keep those who stayed loyal throughout... read more
- 11:30 Fundraising page set up for funeral costs of Chloe Rutherford and...
- 11:29 Car production drops sharply in April
- 11:29 Legendary Celtic boss Jock Stein hated showboats - watch what...
- 11:28 In their own words - Friends and families pay tribute to the...
- 11:28 West Brom reveal new football kit for 2017/18 season
- 11:27 Gateshead constituency General Election 2017 - parties, candidates...
- 11:27 Arson attack in Kibblesworth village as two vehicles are set on fire
- 11:27 Biggest wooden boat built on the Fylde for decades
- 11:26 Radio 1 Big Weekend 2017 will see armed police and airport-style...
- 11:26 Manchester United played and celebrated in Jose Mourinho's image vs...
- 11:26 Police release CCTV of men they want to speak to after four...
- 11:25 Real Homes: restful riverside haven in Mid Calder
- 11:25 SE Asia Stocks-Higher on Fed caution over pace of rate hikes
- 11:25 U.N. wants investigation into attack on Yemen envoy's convoy
- 11:25 Crowd funding appeal for grieving Leeds family tops £11,000
- 11:25 Kurdish militants kill three Turkish security force members - sources
- 11:25 Funds raised for Whalley bomb blast mother's family
- 11:25 What did the critics make of the Dirty Dancing remake?
- 11:24 Bomb squad called to reports of 'suspicious package' outside Fife...
- 11:24 Italy says working with EU authorities to find solution for Veneto...
- 11:24 Bomb squad called to incident in Hulme
- 11:24 Inside London’s first ever Sugar Baby summit
- 11:24 Dundee United v Hamilton: Their last five meetings
- 11:23 Farmfoods fracas: mother-of-two gives boyfriend's ex a bloody nose
- 11:23 MP calling for ‘urgent’ change as Facebook ‘gets it very wrong’...
- 11:23 Things to do in Birmingham when it's sunny
- 11:23 How your face can tell you if you're hiding a serious health problem
- 11:23 Carlisle man, 60, found guilty of sexual abuse of girl
- 11:23 The over-the-counter medication rules you NEED to know
- 11:23 How this young Birmingham City fan's dream turned into an Aston...