Britain looks at paying into EU budget after Brexit to get market access - FT
Britain might continue to pay billions of pounds into the European Union's budget after Brexit to maintain single-market access for the City of London and other sectors under plans being discussed by government, the Financial Times reported.
Prime Minister Theresa May's recent rhetoric has perturbed some investors who fear Britain could give up trying to remain in the EU's single market in order to impose controls on immigration from the other 27 EU member states.
But the Financial Times said on Monday May had not ruled out making future payments to the EU to secure privileged access to the... read more
- 15:55 Gypsy folk-rock band with big reputation set for Marchington show
- 15:53 EU 'not capable' of signing Canada deal
- 15:53 How one woman overcame a debilitating stammer to follow her dream...
- 15:53 Court list: Who has been up before Scarborough magistrates?
- 15:52 Child seat product recalled over safety fears
- 15:52 Spooky goings-on on Pumpkin Path in Leamington town centre
- 15:52 Rafa Benitez: This is what being at the top of the Championship...
- 15:52 County Hall move ‘set for full council debate’
- 15:52 Devastation for family after tragic cat deaths
- 15:52 Snapped: Key man trains with Arsenal despite injury fears ahead of...
- 15:50 Battle of Britain Memorial centre faces funding change
- 15:50 Countdown to Horncastle Christmas Tree Festival
- 15:50 Readers’ letters
- 15:49 Missing Notts girl, 14, may be in Derbyshire
- 15:49 Air Ambulance scrambled to Alfreton ladder fall
- 15:49 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:48 Man was so high on drugs he could hardly remember his destructive...
- 15:47 Parks across Harrogate district up for national award
- 15:47 Church celebrates 50th anniversary
- 15:47 Northamptonshire gets share of 1,000 new 'nursing associates' being...
- 15:47 World stage for Spalding human rights defender’s cause
- 15:47 Councillor supports theatre group
- 15:46 Sunderland World War Two evacuee gives children a lesson in wartime...
- 15:46 Scream if you want to go faster... it’s the St Crispin Street Fair
- 15:46 Pontoon plan to revive Stirling’s harbour link to the Forth
- 15:46 Diego Costa vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Battle of the Premier...
- 15:45 Chelsea Team News: Antonio Conte to make late call over star duo...
- 15:45 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:44 Rangers and Celtic fans clash over semi final but agree on one...
- 15:44 Manchester United winger Lingard reveals area he can improve