Britain lacks policies to meet emissions targets – government advisers
Britain lacks the policies needed to achieve its domestic emissions targets, and should by February set out new plans to meet them, the government's climate advisers said on Thursday.
Under the Climate Change Act Britain has committed by 2050 to cut emissions by 80 percent compared with 1990 levels, and must produce proposals on how it intends to reach its climate targets, set in five-yearly carbon budgets.
"Current policy in the UK is not enough to deliver the existing carbon budgets that Parliament has set," Britain's Committee on Climate Change (CCC) said in one of three... read more
- 14:55 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:54 ‘YOU’RE SCANDALOUS’ French MP in astonishing UK attack over...
- 14:54 Sexually assaulted in VR: Female gamer feels 'violated' after being...
- 14:54 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:53 The Star reveals mystery locations of new Sheffield street art
- 14:53 Scottish Premiership supersub revealed - which player has made the...
- 14:53 New post office puts Heron at the heart of South Yorkshire community
- 14:53 Man charged with alleged Sheffield burglary
- 14:52 Upmarket steakhouse set to open this week at Northampton's former...
- 14:52 City shamed as bigamy blackspot - after love rat dumped sick wife...
- 14:52 Cookery duo set to open Northampton pub after quarter of a million...
- 14:51 ‘Irritated’ dad denies murder
- 14:51 Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City go...
- 14:51 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:50 For British bank start-up, Brexit has silver lining - more loans
- 14:50 EU proposes common tax rules to close avoidance loopholes
- 14:50 Michael Gove admits Tory leadership 'mistakes'
- 14:50 Pioneering treatment offers new hope for Sunderland schoolboy Pascal
- 14:50 Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some...
- 14:49 Two Muslim preachers arrested at Ibizan party haven accused of...
- 14:49 MIGRANT CRISIS: Death toll in Mediterranean surpasses 3,700 this year
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record